Tunderbolt (4) Egpu dock for XPS 15 9510 130w

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there is a recent external GPU enclosure  that would be able to handle an RTX2070 and provide 130w of power to my laptop over a single usb-C cable?
It seems most enclosures have 100w limit to power the laptop. I could of course just plug in the power adapter to the laptop but for convenience it would be really nice to just be one cable. 

Thx for the efforts! 

I have an xps 15 9510 and an akitio node with a 2070 inside and they do not work together, whenever I plug it in, it freezes up within a few minutes, dell support says that the 9510 does not support external graphics cards

6 hours ago, Tomicktwo said:

I have an xps 15 9510 and an akitio node with a 2070 inside and they do not work together, whenever I plug it in, it freezes up within a few minutes, dell support says that the 9510 does not support external graphics cards

Damm.. Oke, thx for the info.
I just assumed thunderbolt 4 itself would mean its supported.

7 hours ago, Busterman98 said:

Damm.. Oke, thx for the info.
I just assumed thunderbolt 4 itself would mean its supported.

same, I'm kinda annoyed that my new laptop doesn't do what I expected it would do

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:08 PM, Tomicktwo said:

same, I'm kinda annoyed that my new laptop doesn't do what I expected it would do

9510 with egpu enclosure works. Just try using DDU to uninstall all the existing display drivers, and download the newest driver installation file. Disconnect the internet and install the driver without the enclosure plugged in. And plug in the enclosure and install the driver again. And then reconnect the internet. The BSOD error you mentioned is when I assume you are on win10/11. The auto system update detects the egpu and try to install an older version of the driver and that will cause the DMA violation which triggers the BSOD, so disconnecting the internet and install the driver manually will fix this issue.