leather on earcups,taking care

frozensun

Hi friends.

I've god maybe stupid question.

Do I need to take special care on the faux/real leather on earcups with hand cream so it lasts longer?

I'm asking this cuz I already have a lot of headphones and a lot of dust in my room,and ain't sure if the dust is the enemy to earcups.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I just don't want the rest of my hp to end up like this... 😢

20220122_092510.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Back in the past when I was training boxing my coach told me to use Nivea cream on the boxing gloves in order not to crack the leather. I believe it could work on headphones as well. 

36 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Back in the past when I was training boxing my coach told me to use Nivea cream on the boxing gloves in order not to crack the leather. I believe it could work on headphones as well. 

Yeah, but this is not leather...

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

I just don't want the rest of my hp to end up like this... 😢

20220122_092510.jpg

The cheap, fake leather like that is always going to eventually end up like that with regular use. The solution is replacement earcubs which are relatively inexpensive. 

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Yeah, but this is not leather...

did you know that faux leather is not real leather either?

Almost all earpads are consumable parts.

Quality velour and fabric pads can usually be hand washed a good number of times. Real leather pads are rare... the common sheepskin ones are so thin you wont be able to do much maintenance. Fake leather cannot be maintained, though high quality ones wont really wear out.

The issue isn't maintenance.  The issue is that pleather is glued.  The glue will always age badly, and the base layer will separate from the top layer--and you get peeling/cracking.  Happens with everything from cheap shoes to cheap "leather" jackets to earpads.