54% of Steam games played for less than an hour, 36,9% never even played

KakaoDj

Article is not at all accurate because STEAM is incapable of keeping track of accurate numbers. When I upgraded to a new computer, it reset the play time for every game I own. I did not transfer save files because the only saves I care about are stored server side. So my thousands of hours of TF2 only show up as 370 hours, which is what I played since I built my current computer. Also, for every game I don't currently have installed, it shows my play time as 0 hours, even though I've played through many of them several times. Like HL2, EP 1 and EP2. So, long story short, the numbers in this article are 100% bogus. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Banning 'bad' games doesn't make good ones come out faster or rise to the top quicker.

Thats not the point.  The problem is that these idiotic dumps of old crappy games is creating a store front where legitimately new games are being pushed down the new releases section.  I don't care about the speed at which good games arrive, I just don't want those good games to be pushed aside by a dump of XXX publisher's thousands of old point and click casual adventure games.  And what makes it worse is that Steam frickin labels these old games as "new" and put a shiny new release date on them, further adding to the confusion.

Just go through the new releases section and ask yourself how many of these games are actually new and actually DESERVE to be on the front page.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Can confirm, don't play most of my games.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Yep that's my except for Skyrim that makes up for the hours not spends elsewhere(even though it's only 498h) .

But the games were just soo cheep I had to buy them (see what I'm hinting at here AAA pubs?!?).

Thats not the point.  The problem is that these idiotic dumps of old crappy games is creating a store front where legitimately new games are being pushed down the new releases section.  I don't care about the speed at which good games arrive, I just don't want those good games to be pushed aside by a dump of XXX publisher's thousands of old point and click casual adventure games.  And what makes it worse is that Steam frickin labels these old games as "new" and put a shiny new release date on them, further adding to the confusion.

Just go through the new releases section and ask yourself how many of these games are actually new and actually DESERVE to be on the front page.

Since it's all a matter of opinion and nothing but a matter of opinion, I'd say every single one. Steam can't control if the games are garbage. Ouya can't control it. Nintendo can't control it, Microsoft and Sony can't control it. You should know which games are and aren't worth buying or glancing at, and it shouldn't even be a problem. It isn't.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I have so many games that I haven't played. I'm gonna try working my way though the list of them this summer, though.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

I usually just play 10 games from my Steam library out of 50 lol. Other games are from humble bundles and other indie games. :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer