x570 PCH fan noise

So I have an ASUS TUF x570 WIFI and the PCH fan has been driving me crazy. It is directly behind the GPU so it's constantly intaking hot air from the GPU and running above 3000RPM. I have a 140mm case fan right below it blowing air up into it but that doesn't seem to be too helpful. Is there any solutions to this? I've already tried software like FanControl but that crashes my system when the PCH gets too hot and there is not BIOS settings for it. 

Would getting a B550 board be a big downgrade? I do have a gen 4 SSD and r7 5800x.

Personally, I chose a B550 for the sole reason of avoiding one of these fans (and also because I didn't need the extra features). Using a 5900X, a gen 4 SSD, and RTX 3080 using gen 4, I haven't had any issues. As long as you get a good quality B550 with premium power delivery/VRM heatsinks and you don't need to have something like two gen 4 SSD's at once, you shouldn't have any issues.

I believe there are fan-less X570s now though, so that might be worth looking into. There may also be a way to disable the PCH fan, but I wouldn't risk it.