Help with choosing a microphone setup

Andrew0472

Hey guys,

For the last well year i have been gaming using a webcam for a mic but i really hate how bassy it gets and it isn't working well. I was looking to get a decent microphone like maybe a blue one or something but i'm worried that they will be really sensitive and pick up too much noise although i use push to talk (teamspeak). I do like the idea of a headset, being all in one but the last experience i had with an expensive headset was terrible and i already have a few pairs of sennheisers so the headset i was looking at (PC363D) may not make too much sense. 

Ultimately i just wanted peoples opinions on whether the mics like a yeti, snowball or something are too sensitive or if the headset is a better purchase although it is quite a bit more expensive. 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I think you can set levels on blue mics and they don't pickup background.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Get nice headphones like ATH-M50s or HD558s and a Modmic.

already have the 558's :) ill search up on this modmic

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Get the modmic, or what I Reccomend is getting a blue snowball or snowball ice (the snowball ice is the same but has less modes) it is only a little more than the modmic including shipping (if you have amazon prime), and will have significantly better sound. I plan to get a snowball ice once I make two other purchases (watch and sennheiser 558)