Weird Clicking Noise with my microphone

Franciszek

Hi everyone,

I changed some of my PC's components and had to reinstall Windows. For some reason my microphone (Blue Yeti Nano) y making this click sound mid recording and it's volume is much lower overall. Does anyone know how to fix this?

To be clear there used to be clicks but not as many as there are now. And I've got much louder clicks than the one on this clip.

Thank you!

There's nothing in that clip, How did you discover this issue? Did someone else tell you that they noticed it in a Zoom meeting or while listening to something you recorded or is it self-diagnosed?

29 minutes ago, jammer2001 said:

There's nothing in that clip, How did you discover this issue? Did someone else tell you that they noticed it in a Zoom meeting or while listening to something you recorded or is it self-diagnosed?

There is a very subtle click-like sound. I notice it when I'm recording. 

The click apparently happens when the sound kind of "dips" in the recording software (Audacity).

Capture.PNG

I'm hearing a little click too, at the halfway point in the recording.  I'm not sure what it is, though ... almost sounds like what I get sometimes when splicing two things together when it's not exactly a clean splice (where one sample is fairly loud and the next one is really soft or zero, and you get the resulting pop/click from the sudden change), but I don't think that's what's happening here.

@jammer2001 it's quite subtle, I was listening on earbuds jammed in my ear with the volume at a moderately elevated setting.  (My environment wasn't super quiet, but it's not loud either.)  I listened to the clip several times, first time it was obvious, next few times I didn't hear it at all, then adjusted the headphones again and was picking it up again.

As for sound much lower overall .. I wish I could remember how I fixed a situation I had with something a while ago ... recording with a microphone, it would start peaking well below max level.  I think basically there were like 2 or 3 volume settings, and one of them was set too low and another too high but I can't remember.  (One of my senior church friends has been having the same issue with her voice on zoom, her level is really low like 30 dB or so less than everyone else, and it's overdriving somewhere in the audio chain.  Last couple weeks though she's used an iphone for her audio which is much better, but it would be nice if I could figure out how to help her fix the other audio issue.)

2 hours ago, Franciszek said:

There is a very subtle click-like sound. I notice it when I'm recording. 

Originally did you hear it when you were recording, did you hear it when you listened to it or did you just observe it when looking at the waves? 

IIt ended up that it didn't play at all earlier. Now I've listened again and  hear a bit of a click at the end of it but that's not unusual as it's the input being terminated. 

Do you apply any filters or eq to your mic? 

Have you tested it with another computer and/or a different computer? 

4 hours ago, jammer2001 said:

Originally did you hear it when you were recording, did you hear it when you listened to it or did you just observe it when looking at the waves? 

IIt ended up that it didn't play at all earlier. Now I've listened again and  hear a bit of a click at the end of it but that's not unusual as it's the input being terminated. 

Do you apply any filters or eq to your mic? 

Have you tested it with another computer and/or a different computer? 

I noticed it when I was listening to the recording. I usually have Logitech G Hub running on the background but I just tested it without it and I still get clicks on my recording.

I didn't test it on another computer. However, this started happening after I changed my hardware. I changed my MB from Asus to Aorus, my CPU from Intel to AMD and my ram from DDR3 to DDR4. I had an issue and had to reinstall windows but I opted to keep my personal files. I don't know if that can actually mess something up. I'll try a clean install of Windows at this point because no matter what I try I still get the clicks.