Can't get headset mic to work on PC

Kanna

I'm using the front port which supports mic and sound but I can't get the mic to work on anything, please help

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

29 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I'm using the front port which supports mic and sound but I can't get the mic to work on anything, please help

Are you using the correct device in the settings? I don't always trust Front I/O for their audio ports. Not every case manufacturer takes them seriously and uses good quality components. If you are not seeing the device as plugged in in the sound settings, then it might not be detecting the front I/O correctly

2 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

Are you using the correct device in the settings? I don't always trust Front I/O for their audio ports. Not every case manufacturer takes them seriously and uses good quality components. If you are not seeing the device as plugged in in the sound settings, then it might not be detecting the front I/O correctly

I tried the back too but I got no extra device on microphone tab in sound settings, what port would I use on the back?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

I tried the back too but I got no extra device on microphone tab in sound settings, what port would I use on the back?

Can you send a screenshot of your the audio devices available? If you are able to open the Sound Control Panel that would be easier to navigate and more helpful. The microphone on the back of MBs is almost always pink in color

20 hours ago, nayman898 said:

Can you send a screenshot of your the audio devices available? If you are able to open the Sound Control Panel that would be easier to navigate and more helpful. The microphone on the back of MBs is almost always pink in color

Here is some images

image.png.26dd3bcbb3ee8c74af405cfb63edc912.png image.png.e07dabd9a4aba4c04f6b34788194972f.pngimage.png.eaa81891ae9df3eba3a49b31b22d3877.png 

Reminder⚠️

6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Here is some images

image.png.26dd3bcbb3ee8c74af405cfb63edc912.png image.png.e07dabd9a4aba4c04f6b34788194972f.pngimage.png.eaa81891ae9df3eba3a49b31b22d3877.png 

the one below the SPDIF OUT is your mic, but t looks like the device is just disabled. If you right click on the Linjeingang device in the Inspelning tab you can activate it and that should help

6 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

the one below the SPDIF OUT is your mic, but t looks like the device is just disabled. If you right click on the Linjeingang device in the Inspelning tab you can activate it and that should help

So do I just plug the headset in there? or do I need a splitter? Also the linjeingång is not possible to be activated even if something is plugged in it just says unplugged

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

So do I just plug the headset in there? or do I need a splitter? Also the linjeingång is not possible to be activated even if something is plugged in it just says unplugged

hmm, if it is a single plug headset and your front IO supports it, I would plug into that and enable that device and it should work. Otherwise you would need a splitter for the rear port

8 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

hmm, if it is a single plug headset and your front IO supports it, I would plug into that and enable that device and it should work. Otherwise you would need a splitter for the rear port

The front has a sign that says headset / mic but idk if it actually supports 4 pin

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

The front has a sign that says headset / mic but idk if it actually supports 4 pin

It sounds like it does. It won't harm anything if you plug it in and it doesn't work, but it should hopefully work as long as that device I mentioned earlier is enabled

46 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

It sounds like it does. It won't harm anything if you plug it in and it doesn't work, but it should hopefully work as long as that device I mentioned earlier is enabled

As I said in the post I'm using the front port already not working. Also same thing the device can't be enabled as it states unplugged

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

As I said in the post I'm using the front port already not working. Also same thing the device can't be enabled as it states unplugged

weird... it should let you enable it, I think that it doesn't register being plugged in unless it is enabled. For example, mine doesn't have anything plugged in, but is enabled. If for some reason the front port still doesn't respond, you may need to get the splitter to run off the rear IO
image.png.ff372c344ad89965f11ee1f9d2b096d0.png

What headset is this? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

What headset is this? 

It's a 4 pin Steelseries arctis 5 2019 edition

13 minutes ago, nayman898 said:

--snip--

oh it let's me enable it but tells me it's unplugged. Might just as well drive and get my USB mic

Reminder⚠️

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It's a 4 pin Steelseries arctis 5 2019 edition

oh it let's me enable it but tells me it's unplugged. Might just as well drive and get my USB mic

Are you using the Steel Series engine? 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Are you using the Steel Series engine? 

No, these are plug n play headphones

Reminder⚠️

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

No, these are plug n play headphones

Does it still not work if you use the USB dongle instead?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

28 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Does it still not work if you use the USB dongle instead?

there is no USB dongle

Reminder⚠️

9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

there is no USB dongle

I might be thinking you have a different headset than you do. 

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-5

Spoiler

a5_buy_005.jpg__1920x1080_q100_crop-fit_

image.png.af351803bc0f6685de1f1b9cb0ae9248.pngimage.thumb.png.125147bd027381add7aa59a09af3b9f4.png

Seems like it should have come with a USB adapter that has the "Chat mix" dial.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

24 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I might be thinking you have a different headset than you do. 

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-5

Reveal hidden contents

a5_buy_005.jpg__1920x1080_q100_crop-fit_

image.png.af351803bc0f6685de1f1b9cb0ae9248.pngimage.thumb.png.125147bd027381add7aa59a09af3b9f4.png

Seems like it should have come with a USB adapter that has the "Chat mix" dial.

wait oh no I said 5, I meant 3 I'm so sorry

Reminder⚠️

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

wait oh no I said 5, I meant 3 I'm so sorry

That makes it make more sense now!

Have you updated your audio drivers? 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

It looks like the 3 comes with 2 cables. One is the mic/audio combo and the other is a splitter for separate mic and audio. Does the mic show up if you use that cable using the "Mic in" and "Line out" ports on your rear IO?

Spoiler

a3_buy_006.jpg__1920x1080_q100_crop-fit_

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That makes it make more sense now!

Have you updated your audio drivers? 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

It looks like the 3 comes with 2 cables. One is the mic/audio combo and the other is a splitter for separate mic and audio. Does the mic show up if you use that cable using the "Mic in" and "Line out" ports on your rear IO?

Hide contents

a3_buy_006.jpg__1920x1080_q100_crop-fit_

I actually don't have that cable here as it's in my sound system at another place but I think I will just get my USB mic and my problem ain't a problem anymore

Reminder⚠️