(free gift card, should i redeem it?)MacBook trade-in to phobio they sent me a gift card

I required a trade in for my macbook pro 2019, then I waited for 2months, but I did not get the shipping package.

so I requested another trade-in. it worked, I get the package but forgot to unlock iCloud.

Then they return it.(reasonable)

after 10days, I got a message saying that my mac-trade-in worked, and will give me an apple gift card.(this is about the first trade-in which is 4months ago), I thought it was a scam.

However, 3days after, I got a email from them, and I received the gift card.

the question is, i still have the MacBook, and i also get the gift card that is "real". So should I use the gift card?

I would contact PHOBIO and see whats going on. Sounds wrong to me but who knows.

I wouldn't use it for ethical reasons.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I would contact apple and see whats going on. Sounds wrong to me but who knows.

I wouldn't use it for ethical reasons.

hi, as I'm in Canada, the company did the trade-in is called PHOBIO. And I have tried to contact them, but I did not get any message from them in 4 days. Addition, I sent email to them three times.

2 hours ago, light7978 said:

hi, as I'm in Canada, the company did the trade-in is called PHOBIO. And I have tried to contact them, but I did not get any message from them in 4 days. Addition, I sent email to them three times.

I would say you did your due diligence then so go ahead and use it.

You are the only one who knows what kind of person you are. If you found a $100 bill on the ground and did your best to see if anyone dropped it would you then turn it in to a police station or would you keep it?