Is a 550 watt psu enough for a RTX 3060Ti

edsatret

Right now I have a R5 5600G and no dGPU with one NVMe drive but I'm getting a used 3060Ti from my cousin/
It's a Corsair cx550F RGB
Will it be enough to run a 3060Ti comfortably?

yes, just hope it's a good PSU. RGB to the max.

Power spikes those GPUs have, can put some stress, but 550w 5600G + 3060TI should work (so long you don't add an extra GPU into it). 馃槢

Not sure why you buy an iGPU (integrated graphics on a CPU, APU/iGPU), if you are going to buy a GPU with it. Ryzen G series is made for having graphics, which reduces the amount of CPU you get. As an 5600x would likely get a lot more out of. Although if you are building it yourself, then having it doesn't hurt and can help with troubleshooting when building a new build.

How old is your PSU? As long as it's in decent shape it should work OK considering your CPU isn't consuming much more than 65 watts. The PSU is B tier and the 3060ti is rated at 200 watts. It won't be ideal but it should be fine.聽

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Not sure why you buy an iGPU

OP probably got it so they could have a functional computer while searching for a discrete GPU.聽

14 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

yes, just hope it's a good PSU. RGB to the max.

Power spikes those GPUs have, can put some stress, but 550w 5600G + 3060TI should work (so long you don't add an extra GPU into it). 馃槢

Not sure why you buy an iGPU (integrated graphics on a CPU, APU/iGPU), if you are going to buy a GPU with it. Ryzen G series is made for having graphics, which reduces the amount of CPU you get. As an 5600x would likely get a lot more out of. Although if you are building it yourself, then having it doesn't hurt and can help with troubleshooting when building a new build.

Didn't think I'd get be getting a GPU now im getting the 3060Ti for around 拢300

12 minutes ago, Founders said:

OP probably got it so they could have a functional computer while searching for a discrete GPU.聽

Yep

14 minutes ago, Founders said:

How old is your PSU? As long as it's in decent shape it should work OK considering your CPU isn't consuming much more than 65 watts. The PSU is B tier and the 3060ti is rated at 200 watts. It won't be ideal but it should be fine.聽

Got it maybe 2 months ago and i've never heard the fan speed up once

4 minutes ago, edsatret said:

Didn't think I'd get be getting a GPU now im getting the 3060Ti for around 拢300

well if that is what you want, then go for it.

2 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Thats a great deal in today's market!

msrp (400 USD), if he got one for that, I guess. but yeah, good time on price while other market prices are double of that now.

1 hour ago, Tech87 said:

Thats a great deal in today's market!

Yeah i know got really lucky that my cousin decided to upgrade now

On 1/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, Quackers101 said:

Because the 5600x is 5% to 10% faster than the 5600g and costs 20% more. With the 3060ti the gpu will be the bottle neck so you won't even notice a difference in games.聽