Control chipset fan speed?

Is there a way to control the speed of a chipset fan on an x570 Asus TUF motherboard? I've looked in the BIOS, Armory Crate, and AI Suite 3 for fan speed options and there is nothing. I am also on the latest BIOS update. The PCH fan is easily the loudest in my system because it's a high pitched buzzing sound. I am able to control the speed with a program called Fan Control but after a few minutes it causes my PC to hard shutdown even after idling. Instead of the fan speed being at 3500RPM I set it to 1000RPM and it still makes my computer shutdown after a few minutes. Also when the fan is at 1000RPM or 3000RPM the temperature on the motherboard chipset doesn't change. It idles around 38 degrees which shouldn't even be that hot. I also have a case fan blowing right under there and don't even have my side panel on so airflow shouldn't be an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have tried to find the right forum for this question for quite some time and just couldn't figure out where to go with my problem. I have a gaming laptop from Medion (German make) erazer p 15805 which came with the control center 3.0 pre-installed which let me control my fan speed, power modes and rgb on the keyboard which worked great until 4 days ago. Then I couldn't control power modes(energy saving, silent, performance or balanced) or the rgb of my keyboard (the only rgb I have). So I tried resetting it via windows settings, still same problem. 

Now here comes the bad part: I thought that if it was an app from the Microsoft store I could uninstall it with no problem, bad thing is I use CCleaner to uninstall stuff, and it did uninstall it but it opened up I think it was powershell, ran a few commands (don't know if that is the right term) and control center was gone. So far so good. Then I tried to download it from the Microsoft store again, that worked. But if I try to open it I get the message "OSD only" in a small window when I first started it. The second time I pressed the icon nothing happened. If I restart my laptop I get the message again. But now I'm stuck with a blue back-lit keyboard (which is not that big of a deal to me) and with no way to control power modes or fan speed (which I would really like to do since I want it to be silent (in silent mode) when I'm playing in the living room. 

I really appreciate every help I can get and that someone really made it this far through my text. 

Thank you so much for your help and videos! 

Hopeful dolphin

3 hours ago, Hopeful Dolphin said:

Hi, I have tried to find the right forum for this question for quite some time and just couldn't figure out where to go with my problem. I have a gaming laptop from Medion (German make) erazer p 15805 which came with the control center 3.0 pre-installed which let me control my fan speed, power modes and rgb on the keyboard which worked great until 4 days ago. Then I couldn't control power modes(energy saving, silent, performance or balanced) or the rgb of my keyboard (the only rgb I have). So I tried resetting it via windows settings, still same problem. 

Now here comes the bad part: I thought that if it was an app from the Microsoft store I could uninstall it with no problem, bad thing is I use CCleaner to uninstall stuff, and it did uninstall it but it opened up I think it was powershell, ran a few commands (don't know if that is the right term) and control center was gone. So far so good. Then I tried to download it from the Microsoft store again, that worked. But if I try to open it I get the message "OSD only" in a small window when I first started it. The second time I pressed the icon nothing happened. If I restart my laptop I get the message again. But now I'm stuck with a blue back-lit keyboard (which is not that big of a deal to me) and with no way to control power modes or fan speed (which I would really like to do since I want it to be silent (in silent mode) when I'm playing in the living room. 

I really appreciate every help I can get and that someone really made it this far through my text. 

Thank you so much for your help and videos! 

Hopeful dolphin

make a post, you replied to my post as a comment