I phoned an 03 number without realizing for like 2 hours. How much did it cost?

The Torrent

I was on hold for like a hour the first time, then again the 2nd time.

Has this actually cost me a lot? I didnt realize it was an 03 number because it was a government department... I'm in the UK and on EE.

will need to call your provider to find out. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I am not sure how to put this nicely, but how do you expect us to know that?

The forum isn't an oracle. We're just random people. I didn't even know what 03 numbers were so I Googled it and literally the first result says this:

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

You might as well be asking us "I bought candy yesterday. Anyone know how much I paid?".

We have no idea which number you called, what your national rate is, how long the calls were, if your phone contract has some cost associated with initiating a call, etc. You didn't even explain what 03 numbers are. I had to google that myself, because it's a UK specific thing and only a small part of this forum are from the UK.

Even IF we did have all that information, which you didn't provide us any of, it would be way more work for us to calculate the cost than if you just contacted your call provider and asked them.

If you have an unlimited call allowance then it's included in that so hasn't cost you anything. Out of allowance, EE charges 40p per minute on mobile contract, 35p on mobile pay-as-you-go, and 24p + 16p/minute on landline.

So, doing a quick bit of maths assuming the call length was precisely 2 hours, the answer is somewhere between nothing and £48.00, depending on which type of phone/service it was and how much call allowance you have.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

minutes

3 hours ago, The Torrent said:

I'm in the UK and on EE.

As long as you had miniutes on your plan then it won't of cost you anything.

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The forum isn't an oracle. We're just random people. I didn't even know what 03 numbers were so I Googled it and literally the first result says this:

You might as well be asking us "I bought candy yesterday. Anyone know how much I paid?".

We have no idea which number you called, what your national rate is, how long the calls were, if your phone contract has some cost associated with initiating a call, etc. You didn't even explain what 03 numbers are. I had to google that myself, because it's a UK specific thing and only a small part of this forum are from the UK.

Even IF we did have all that information, which you didn't provide us any of, it would be way more work for us to calculate the cost than if you just contacted your call provider and asked them.

7 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

If you have an unlimited call allowance then it's included in that so hasn't cost you anything. Out of allowance, EE charges 40p per minute on mobile contract, 35p on mobile pay-as-you-go, and 24p + 16p/minute on landline.

So, doing a quick bit of maths assuming the call length was precisely 2 hours, the answer is somewhere between nothing and £48.00, depending on which type of phone/service it was and how much call allowance you have.

5 hours ago, Tomthehitman said:

minutes

As long as you had miniutes on your plan then it won't of cost you anything.

That’s what I thought but then

https://www.gov.uk/call-charges

‘030’ says it costs.

is 030 different from 03?

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Someone might know off by heart, there’s a lot of people on the form and phoning up my provider is gonna take time.

36 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Someone might know off by heart, there’s a lot of people on the form and phoning up my provider is gonna take time.

Stop being lazy and call your provider.  If you were willing to call and wait on hold 2 separate times...I'm sure you can call your provider.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Is that like a 1-900 number?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, The Torrent said:

That’s what I thought but then

https://www.gov.uk/call-charges

‘030’ says it costs.

is 030 different from 03?

That's what it would cost if it was to be chargeable to you. Are you on contract with EE?

Look on their website -  https://business.ee.co.uk/help/accounts-and-billing/charges-for-calling-non-geographic-numbers/

Numbers starting with 03

Many organisations use 03 numbers such as 0300, 0344 or 0345 as an alternative to more expensive 084 and 087 numbers. Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than a call to a 01 or 02 number. This means calls to 01, 02 or 03 numbers will come out of your inclusive minutes.