Help my Playstation 1 has no video output

Roadkill
Go to solution Solved by Roadkill,
2 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

EDIT: if the tv doesn't have these connections on the back:

few options, either use a tv that can take all three rgb cables, find a rgb to rca(yellow/red/white) cable, which i cant seem to find, probably because i don't know the proper name. or, easiest way may be just to buy a new cable for the console that is rca, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Suncala-Audio-Video-Cable-Playstation/dp/B08G9V3LDT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=19BF3C6YDQGSV&keywords=ps1+cables&qid=1641263581&sprefix=ps1+ca%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-3

thank you i feel pretty dumb now lol

My playstation 1 that i recently bought at a thrift store has no video output, when i turn it on it displays a black screen and i can hear the first of the two startup noises but not the second, i havent had to repair any consoles before but would be willing to step out of my comfort zone. (video of issue included below)

14 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

the yellow cable carries the video.  It looks like you haven't plugged that one in.

the yellow cable is from a different cord i can see how that looks confusing tho

568714917_20220103_1810011.thumb.jpg.48c56a9fef4c6bb17ce13705f9a29d02.jpg

5 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

the yellow cable is from a different cord i can see how that looks confusing tho

The cables your holding are the video cables.  Component cable to be exact. You need to plug those in.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

PLUG in the GREEN or the BLUE one!!! Most Newer TV's have either a yellow/GREE/BLUE COmbo port on the back of the television itself. Match your Blue and plug it into the YELLOW port of your PS1, then take THAT END (blue or GREEn or whathaveyou) and -plug THAT OTHER end INTO the YELLOW port of your TELEVISION. you should SEE a VIDEO screen from your PS1. Yellow/Gree/blue: they ALL pass for Video. They are just colored differently!!!

Benny

21 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

few options, either use a tv that can take all three rgb cables, find a rgb to rca(yellow/red/white) cable, which i cant seem to find, probably because i don't know the proper name. or, easiest way may be just to buy a new cable for the console that is rca, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Suncala-Audio-Video-Cable-Playstation/dp/B08G9V3LDT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=19BF3C6YDQGSV&keywords=ps1+cables&qid=1641263581&sprefix=ps1+ca%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-3

2 hours ago, Zusafek said:

The cables your holding are the video cables.  Component cable to be exact. You need to plug those in.

when i plug them in whats shown in the video above occurs, its better but still not clear i tried in other flatscreen tvs with all component cables plugged in correcly and it was no signal every time

Your TV needs to support component AV "HD" and have the 5 corresponding ports.

You either need a different TV or the other cable with only RCA red black and video is yellow.

2 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

thank you i feel pretty dumb now lol