Cleared TPM by accident

Strangii

Well i tried to change my tpm settings in the bios because some games told me i need TPM 2.0 and i accidentaly marked clear tpm and now when i start logging into my pc it says my pin isnt set and i cant set a new one. Die i Fleete everything now by one misclick?

If TPM was reset and you are signed into Windows with a Microsoft account and have a pin set, you will need to reset that pin, if following the steps to reset the pin on the sign in screen isn't working there should be another option to use the password instead, enter your password for your Microsoft account and once in Windows you should be able to reset the pin. If you forgot your password you can change it on Microsoft.com and try it on the computer again. If that doesn't work you will need to us a password removal tool to remove the password from the computer entirely, they can be pretty expensive and you will need another computer and a flashdrive to create it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If TPM was reset and you are signed into Windows with a Microsoft account and have a pin set, you will need to reset that pin, if following the steps to reset the pin on the sign in screen isn't working there should be another option to use the password instead, enter your password for your Microsoft account and once in Windows you should be able to reset the pin. If you forgot your password you can change it on Microsoft.com and try it on the computer again. If that doesn't work you will need to us a password removal tool to remove the password from the computer entirely, they can be pretty expensive and you will need another computer and a flashdrive to create it.

The Problem is the pc isnt even allowing me to enter the Pin it just says „set Pin“ Over and over again 

Translated that means that security settings changed and the pin isnt available and trying to set a nee one doesnt work 

2 minutes ago, Strangii said:

The Problem is the pc isnt even allowing me to enter the Pin it just says „set Pin“ Over and over again 

IMG_0315.MOV 9.73 MB · 0 downloads  Translated that means that security settings changed and the pin isnt available and trying to set a nee one doesnt work 

You can try clearing CMOS and trying again, otherwise it looks like you bugged it out. The password will need to be completely removed with a tool or you will need to reinstall Windows.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

There should be another password you've set or have for Windows. I'm pretty sure you can't create a "pin" without having a normal password made. This would be a Microsoft password or local account password you made.

I cleared my tpm recently when dual booting with linux and had to login using my original account password I just happened to remember. The "pin" and alternative login methods don't work (or anything part of the Windows "Hello" thing).

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB