Teamviewer Invoice

crxwnn

Hello,

I have just received an email from TeamViewer saying that I owe them $827 as this left me confused because I don't remember signing up for an account nor using my childhood email for something like this as I would use a newer/main email. I also tried logging into the website to figure something out but it just says account cannot be found (something on the lines of that) and every time I do "forgot my password" and enter in the email I don't get an email back to reset that password. I've also tried calling but nobody picked up. I don't really know what to do as I never used TeamViewer for anything. If anyone has any suggestions please helpimage_2022-01-01_153318.png.bf0edc9e6374d6103ca7df7a8ee546e1.png

It's a complete scam, look the the email adress from which this email was sent, it says woejahp@gmail.com and TeamViewer official email would not use @gmail.com as part of their email adress. DO NOT pay the invoice!

Well they can't even spell Madam or ma'am correctly 🙂

It's 100% a scam as mentioned above.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

So first thing would be that any legit company will not use 3x exclamation marks in their titles. One at most, and that wouldn't be used in this kind of situation. So actual title would be "Your payment for TeamViewer subscription is about to expire" or something like that (this is what my subscriptions title their messages). Secondly, as noted, sender email is private, not corporate. Any bigger company would have their own domain used as sender.

Then we come to message itself. Grammar errors. As noted, its Madam, not Mam. "Mam" is slang and wouldn't be used in any business language. And since you don't recall having subscription, contacting their billing department would tell this being scam also. Which is what you are supposed to do if you have been customer previously, then ended subscription and would still got this type of email.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

No wonder scamming is still done if its this easy... 😞

People really need a license before they should be allowed to go online.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just a thought, you didn't show pic of the invoice. That would reveal even more whether this is real or not. Your personal details for example would have to be exactly correct (since if you have subscribed, you have provided them for billing purposes). If anything is missing or wrong, its most likely just stuff they have got with searching your email online.

Also billing details for the supposed TeamViewer could be revealing. Though doing wire transfer is something I wouldn't expect as first option. More likely it would just be notice and actual payment would be done through their site, while logged in and using payment provider over secure connection. This if the invoice was legit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You haven't used the service, email is incorrect and they have no real invoice or anything and you're still wondering if it is legitimate? wow. This is why I think majority of todays' kids shouldn't even be allowed on the internet.

-----
Random email, sender claims to be XYZ. Yep, better pay it, without a doubt! What makes matters worse (to me) is that then they post it online as well. It's one of the oldest sayings: "So someone tells you to stick your head in the fireplace and you will do it?". Seeing all these people get scammed by basically "yo, gib me your moneys" scams for large quantities of money makes me feel like I am doing life wrong...