I have 2 thermal pastes to use, which do i use?

Lewkah

I have a Cooler Master Mastergel PRO V2, which i ordered seperately to make sure i have plenty of thermal paste for now and future.

I also have what came with my cooler, Arctic MX-4.

Which of these should i use?

I've used MasterGel Maker and while it's a higher grade type, I wouldn't underestimate CoolerMaster's solution. MX-4 is very old after all and while it's not a bad paste, I still have some of it and use on less important stuff, I'd use something newer. Or just try both and see which is best. I have the MX-4 for over 10 years at this point I believe and I did quite some repasting so I wouldn't worry about "stocking up" with thermal pastes. You just don't use it up all that much.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I've used MasterGel Maker and while it's a higher grade type, I wouldn't underestimate CoolerMaster's solution. MX-4 is very old after all and while it's not a bad paste, I still have some of it and use on less important stuff, I'd use something newer. Or just try both and see which is best. I have the MX-4 for over 10 years at this point I believe and I did quite some repasting so I wouldn't worry about "stocking up" with thermal pastes. You just don't use it up all that much.

so, i should probably use mastergel

But to be most accurate i should do my own testing.

<-- Moved to Cooling -->

Please ensure when starting new threads you're selecting the most appropriate subforum for your question. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@Lewkah, @OhioYJ, @RejZoR+1 for using the Master Pro V2, on recent tomshardware testing, it placed above the MX-4, and tops the charts in all forms of testing the did.

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste

Damn, that Prolimatech PK3 tho. Almost on level of liquid metals.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Damn, that Prolimatech PK3 tho. Almost on level of liquid metals.

Yeah PK-3 is a hidden gem, and has been for 10 years now. Prolimatech the company behind it was at the same level of quality and ingenuity as Noctua and Thermalright. They were also a pioneer, and had a few firsts in the cooling space. It's a shame they didn't survive in the market. for a moment there I was worried the same was gonna happen to Termalright, but they bounced back, it's unfortunately probably Cryorig that's gonna slowly drift away next.