Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

My Hyouka and Spice and Wolf files are both over 70Gbs in size lol.

..h...how do you even get a 22 and a 26 episode anime to get that big?

Unless you have a metric button of extra content or somehow got your hands on some 2k+ video i'm just calling poor incoding Encoding at that point D:

I think ~1-1.2gb per episode is dome decent quality stuff

EDIT: lol incoding...im an idiot.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

1080p BD's are actually 700mb/1gb per episode to me, depends on the format i guess, i download MKV, maybe AVI's are bigger.

..h...how do you even get a 22 and a 26 episode anime to get that big?

Unless you have a metric button of extra content or somehow got your hands on some 2k+ video i'm just calling poor incoding Encoding at that point D:

I think ~1-1.2gb per episode is dome decent quality stuff

EDIT: lol incoding...im an idiot.

I think fred even has some radio talk shows about hyouka, maybe that's why.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

1080p BD's are actually 700mb/1gb per episode to me, depends on the format i guess, i download MKV, maybe AVI's are bigger.

MKV should be bigger, AVI is usually much smaller and of poorererer quality

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

MKV should be bigger, AVI is usually much smaller and of poorererer quality

Then IDK, for me a 24eps anime is like 20gb.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Then IDK, for me a 24eps anime is like 20gb.

Thats about right for really good solid quality 720p or "decent" quality 1080p. Something like 800mb an episode. I prefer mine around the 1-1.2gb an episode at 1080p for what I would consider really good quality.

Yeah i guess the whole thing uncompressed blu ray and raw it's probably between 40 and 50gb

Too early. Not enough sleep.

giphy%209.gif

My Hyouka and Spice and Wolf files are both over 70Gbs in size lol.

I will have to open up my computer when i get to work and check. Wont be as much as you have though.

EDIT: Only have Spice and Wolf on my computer. Both seasons equal about 10gb.

Blarg

And "fan art" probably *cough*

Plz dont kill me fred.

I'm sure a lot of it is fan art although i think you mean a certain type of fan art lol

Bloatgirls is 37.3GB for the 1080p release. Fan art there's around ~3000 images, which really isn't much.

Thats up for you to decide , how to interpret what I said ;)

Comics right? you were talking about fan made comics?

Bloatgirls is 37.3GB for the 1080p release. Fan art there's around ~3000 images, which really isn't much.

Am I the only one who doesnt store fanart in my anime folders? I have a very strict way of sorting things damn it!

I don't store shit at all, the anime i have is because i need to finish it.

my guess would be uncompressed raw blu ray rips with alot of extra content as well if you count all his images lol

Yeah i guess the whole thing uncompressed blu ray and raw it's probably between 40 and 50gb

bah, Ucompressed bluray isnt worth its size. You can put it through some really really solid encoding and get less than half the size with basically no quality hit noticeable (especially because were talking 1080p video here at max)

I don't store shit at all, the anime i have is because i need to finish it.

I dont wanna say i horde things but...ah...I might.

Comics right? you were talking about fan made comics?

Am I the only one who doesnt store fanart in my anime folders? I have a very strict way of sorting things damn it!

I seperate stuff too. Probably not as good as i should though.

Anime folder is 310gb though. No pictures.

Blarg

Who would mix media types like that!? Certainly not I. I don't store much fan art to begin with, though. I used to keep a bunch of anime around too, but I'd never rewatch them. The few shows I do keep around either couldn't be purchased on BD, or were purchased on DVD and later released on BD.

I got it made in the shop I know in China.

That's just one in-use at my house.  (Oh no you did-n't)

My apartment:

And I have half a closet full of more of them(Akiyama Mio, Saber Lily, Ryougi Shiki...etc.).

I was on my way back to China when it happened(by luck).

And I get figurine(real ones, no copy, nothing made from used-up molds) from China; stuff made-in-china(such as FIGMA series) are pretty much same price; all are cheaper than in U.S. obviously.

The point is: if you want to buy figurine, it's easy to get in U.S.  And definitely cheaper than even a fraction of money spent on plane ticket.

But other things(such as maid cafe) are not so easy...that is why you go to Akihabara.

Go get one custom-made like I did.

Nice collection. ^_^

Where did you order your custom made case?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I seperate stuff too. Probably not as good as i should though.

Anime folder is 310gb though. No pictures.

My collection is almost 2tb at this point... I bought a 3tb WD Red drive just to store it so i could stream it anywhere in my home from my main pc :)

Who would mix media types like that!? Certainly not I. I don't store much fan art to begin with, though. I used to keep a bunch of anime around too, but I'd never rewatch them. The few shows I do keep around either couldn't be purchased on BD, or were purchased on DVD and later released on BD.

the only "fanart" i would say I have is my collection of backgrounds that my computer cycles through. 

Nice collection. ^_^

Where did you order your custom made case?

Same place I order my cosplay stuff. And other places on internet.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

not sure why but ive always thought that its one of biggest wastes of money ever

Depends on use case. I intend to use it for WASD movement by standing on it (if it can handle that). Then my hands are free to do all the other crap that movement tends to get in the way of (jump, sprint, duck, grenade, etc.)

it might be a issue to use when i have some fanatec pedals under me desk

This is like the FPS version of racing pedals. Kinda. 

Plus, it can be made a modifier. Like, "Stinky left key + A = something that =/= whatever A does" . So it's a multiplier in how many key combinations you easily have accessible. 

You might say, "Why not just do that on your keyboard?", but adding multi-key presses to a game for actions tends to get in the way of actually using them, rather than helping you use them because multi-key presses on a keyboard uses multiple fingers which thereby hinders your other fingers from reaching other stuff. But your feet? They aren't doing anything anyway. 

Plus, as was mentioned, disabled people. Two of these = WASD & aiming. Not sure how they'd actually shoot, but you get the idea. 

I'd rather have a Stinky board myself because if I ever get into racing games on PC, it will be with the Virtuix Omni equivalent for racing. 

This thing:

GLORIOUS. IT'S GLORIOUS. Unfortunately, it can't be used with the Rift because you probably want to see your steering wheel & shifter. Though I imagine with enough practice, that'd be possible. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

My collection is almost 2tb at this point... I bought a 3tb WD Red drive just to store it so i could stream it anywhere in my home from my main pc :)

the only "fanart" i would say I have is my collection of backgrounds that my computer cycles through.

I would have more but I stopped shortly after I started.

I'd rather have a Stinky board myself because if I ever get into racing games on PC, it will be with the Virtuix Omni equivalent for racing.

This thing:

GLORIOUS. IT'S GLORIOUS. Unfortunately, it can't be used with the Rift because you probably want to see your steering wheel & shifter. Though I imagine with enough practice, that'd be possible.

I saw one at the Auto show this weekend but it had triple monitors and looked cleaner.

Blarg

I would have more but I stopped shortly after I started.

I saw one at the Auto show this weekend but it had triple monitors and looked cleaner.

Never.Stop. :)

Yeah, this is definitely an older version. I saw it on Facebook like a year ago. 

I want one. Bad. I'd love to play some war simulator (BF4 or wtv) and drive around in this thing. It might even work sorta well for flying (except when it hits it's limit and has to reset). 

topkek

Diddy Kong Racing. I want to play Diddy Kong Racing in it. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.