Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Daru is like the best character ever

The best doujin, in the world

tumblr_lq62ef8AtU1r0w5iio1_500.png

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

He is back or what ?? 

@brownninja97

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just watch Tokyo ghoul root A and all i can say is. HOLY SHIT!

Wanna discuss ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Wow, forums look a little different now after my short break away from the internets! Hmm..

Yeah, new theme is shit and the scaling is crap.

8009c077edbd4c301def966db3a1cc80.png

Welcome back :3 Yeah they made the theme like android 5.0. It's not bad. So guys, what are you watching? Looking for comedy for this weekend, my mood is a bit flatend.

Cromartie high school is brill.

Steve

Wanna discuss ??

Haven't watched episode 12

But, at first I thought the new owl was Kaneki until it cut to him again. Also, thew owl is over powered as fuck. It's sad old dude died and especially seeing as he got eaten

:o. Also, Touka is being a useless bitch as usual. I'm surprised Kaneki and that dude who was crazy dead dudes partner pretty much drawed with Kaneki whom I'd though was now going to be OP. But yeah, next on my agenda is to watch episode 12.

Steve

Haven't watched episode 12

But, at first I thought the new owl was Kaneki until it cut to him again. Also, thew owl is over powered as fuck. It's sad old dude died and especially seeing as he got eaten

:o. Also, Touka is being a useless bitch as usual. I'm surprised Kaneki and that dude who was crazy dead dudes partner pretty much drawed with Kaneki whom I'd though was now going to be OP. But yeah, next on my agenda is to watch episode 12. English = 5 year old me.

You should see the 11 episode fully as at the end something happened maybe he didn't get eaten and something worse happened ?? He isn't that overpowered you seen Arima quinque ?? The owl is strong that is why she is SS rated but you still haven't seen that commander power - the one in the latest episodes who is running the operation -, there is also that Asian guy that Kaneki fought.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

English = 5 year old me.

You should see the 11 episode fully as at the end something happened maybe he didn't get eaten and something worse happened ?? He isn't that overpowered you seen Arima quinque ?? The owl is strong that is why she is SS rated but you still haven't seen that commander power - the one in the latest episodes who is running the operation -, there is also that Asian guy that Kaneki fought.

Oh yeah. I suppose. watching 12 now then ill watch end end of 11

Steve

Oh yeah. I suppose. watching 12 now then ill watch end end of 11

Going to discuss more when you finish, I'd that isn't a problem.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Going to discuss more when you finish, I'd that isn't a problem.

Well that was a shit ending. Watched end of 11. Yay.

Steve

Yuuko? What am I missing here?

You said "Plan C"....Yuuko is Sorata's sister. In the scene where they are all at Sorata's home, Yuuko says that Mashiro would have to go though her to get to Sorata. And Mashiro then says what I wrote.

I assumed you watched the show since you said Plan C

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well that was a shit ending. Watched end of 11. Yay.
Did you see what happened to him ?? He didn't get eatin, watch 12 then we will go full in depth.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Well, time for more of my ornery running commentary on the anime I just watched! (Always nice to have a couple hours to watch anime)

I just finished Log Horizon 2, and it was what I expected - a perfunctory end to a perfunctory season. Faceless villain, token anime battle with more flash than actual strategy, and a hokey resolution with a trite "third option". Man I wish they'd tried harder this season. I don't think anything all that interesting happened, in fact... looking back it feels like filler the author had to hastily write to extend their light novels' run, and so just threw a bunch of half-assed stuff together that didn't amount to much. Even the reveal with Crusty was so anticlimactic I groaned. Quite a let-down after season one, especially since it never felt like things were properly building up to anything, least of all this final arc.

Thankfully Kamisama Kiss episode 11 had probably the best episode of its entire run. It started off full of the series' typical aimless build-up stuff, but enough was going on that I didn't mind. Then they finally dropped some Nanami backstory on us and things got really good. It feels like they're going to go overboard with it, but for now it's exactly what I had hoped the series would do. In fact I wish they'd done it much sooner, since then the familiars would then have a reason to exist over the last ten or so episodes. Better late than never, though. In fact I think this was a better ep than Shirobako 19, but I'm not about to look these gift horses in the mouth. Two great eps of new anime in a week is rare enough as it is.

Durarara's last ep, on the other hand... was a mixed bag. Something about this season just felt unbalanced and it was quite shy of actually being compelling. The concept was pretty sharp, but it demanded being watched with your brain off, which defeats the point of such a premise. Pay close attention and the lazy writing is revealed, and there are no mysteries to solve. Or just watch for the ride, and see a bunch of goofy stuff with the occasional foray into something more interesting. I couldn't find a middle-ground between those two approaches this time. It was a good enough season to get me to the next one, but ultimately it all felt like a storm in a teacup. Ryuugamine's arc was unsatisfying, Varona's anticlimactic, Shizuo and Celty were just jokes, and so on. Hopefully they can make something better from this foundation, but it's hard to say at this point.

Did you see what happened to him ?? He didn't get eatin, watch 12 then we will go full in depth.

yeah thats what i meant by shit ending of ep12. It was disappointing.

Steve

yeah thats what i meant by shit ending of ep12. It was disappointing.

You said 11 cupcake not 12, Iean she was just naked in front of her father after puking him.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Alright 2nd post on the main page updated! Time to get back on patrol~

sample_e54d51f1b894e77f750b56032d282ec3a

Listen to this song... 1 out of 10 with 10 being the highest score what would you rate this as?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3htBBXTlU

1 I guess not my type of music.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So I was reading about Angels on Wikipedia when I came upon this gem:

​Name: Gabriel, also known in Arabic texts as Jibril

Religions: Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Mormonism

Type: Archangel (AKA, leader of a segment of Angels)

Domain: Messengers

PFFFF, HAHAHAHA.
tumblr_nc2xzpDuMA1tz1a8uo1_500.gif

Related to that, I made another somewhat interesting find recently.

In Hebrew, all angels have "-el" at the end of their name who have not fallen (e.g. not counting Lucifer). 

Mikael (Michael)

Gabriel

Ezekiel

etc etc.

In Genesis, the Lord God is referred to as "Elohim". Having the suffix -el means "Of the Lord" implying servitude to Him (thus why Lucifer lacks it, even if that's more a Title than anything). 

So their names are more like "Mika, of the Lord; Gabri, of the Lord; etc." unless the first part translates to something else too (not sure).

Then I had an epiphany. What about Kalel? Or Kal-El/Kal-L? AKA Superman AKA Clark Kent. 

Holy crap. I see what DC did there. And after checking the Superman Wiki...

Because Siegel and Shuster were both Jewish, some religious commentators and pop-culture scholars such as Rabbi Simcha Weinstein and British novelist Howard Jacobson suggest that Superman's creation was partly influenced by Moses, and other Jewish elements. More recently, this interpretation has been endorsed by biographer Larry Tye. For example, Superman's Kryptonian name, "Kal-El", resembles the Hebrew words קל-אל, which can be taken to mean "voice of God". The suffix "el", meaning "(of) God," is also found in the name of angels (e.g. Gabriel, Ariel), who are flying humanoid agents of good with superhuman powers. Tye suggests that this "Voice of God" is an allusion to Moses' role as a prophet. Moreover, Kal-El's parents send him away in a vessel, delivering him to new adoptive parents in an alien culture in order to save him from impending doom, just as Moses' parents do. "The narratives of Krypton's birth and death borrowed the language of Genesis."

Which, considering Jesus is called the "Word of God", it's almost like they are saying Superman is Jesus.

I find this hilarious.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You said 11 cupcake not 12, Iean she was just naked in front of her father after puking him.

Didn't even think of it that way. huh. Overall it was good but the ending pissed me off.

Steve

Didn't even think of it that way. huh. Overall it was good but the ending pissed me off.

How did you think of it cupcake ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Here !

It's quite enjoyable. Enough to make me read the novel to the point where it's translated relatively good - day 122.

There are are some cliche moments , but the main character sure is entertaining,his attitude is with one word refreshing. And there is some grand story being mentioned once so far , but it's vague, spoilery and etc.

Same. I like the RPG elements and it looks like the MC is on the road toward being a Demon King and from the looks of it a very strong one. So far I'm satisfied with the manga and look forward to more chapters.

So the finale of Aldnoah.Zero aired today, I wasn't sure what to expect since part 1 was pretty great but part 2 wasn't as good. Spoilers obviously but here's my thoughts on what happened:

Nothing

Nothing happened at all what the fuck kind of ending was that