Windows 1.0 TV Commercial

Not sure if anyone is really interested but I just saw this on Youtube and laughed pretty hard. 
Funny how people would be eager to pay $99 to watch a full screen clock :P

P.T Networx Australia

This should be in hot deals. Please post in the right sub forum.

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Ahaahahahaha!!!!

Ohhhh Ballmer...

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

to be honest, i thought this might have been the next gen windows at first haha. "Windows One"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

to be honest, i thought this might have been the next gen windows at first haha. "Windows One"

Xbox One, Windows One... I see what you mean. Lol

P.T Networx Australia

Sucks to live in Nebraska. LOL.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

WAIT WHY EXCEPT NEBRASKA? What was going on there?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

WAIT WHY EXCEPT NEBRASKA? What was going on there?

Sucks to live in Nebraska. LOL.

Ballmer's use was a joke, but for many years, there were a whole bunch of things that were available 'except in Nebraska'.

Back in the cold war, when telephone systems were a Bell monopoly, there were, bluntly, not enough phone lines...

... except in Nebraska, where the Strategic Air Command had insisted on a huge number in case of a Nuclear War. Obviously, nuclear war never spread beyond Japan, and certainly not to Nebraska, so for the vast majority of the time, these lines went unused.

A whole bunch of mail order companies set up call centres there, because it was one of the few places you could actually go and order a whole bunch of lines for a business.

However, owing to a Bell rule, you couldn't use a 800 number for out-of-State calls AND in-State calls. So the companies had two choices - either set up two numbers, one for the 98% of the US who were calling out-of-State, and 1 for the locals... or simply point out (as required by advertising law) that a particular offer wasn't available in Nebraska. Many did the latter, and the meme stuck, to the extent that Ballmer used it as a joke.

http://www.quora.com/Microsoft-History/Why-did-Steve-Ballmer-say-except-in-Nebraska-at-the-end-of-the-Windows-1-0-ad

P.T Networx Australia

Don't know how they sold any tbh

Compatible with Windows 95

Ballmer's use was a joke, but for many years, there were a whole bunch of things that were available 'except in Nebraska'.

Back in the cold war, when telephone systems were a Bell monopoly, there were, bluntly, not enough phone lines...

... except in Nebraska, where the Strategic Air Command had insisted on a huge number in case of a Nuclear War. Obviously, nuclear war never spread beyond Japan, and certainly not to Nebraska, so for the vast majority of the time, these lines went unused.

A whole bunch of mail order companies set up call centres there, because it was one of the few places you could actually go and order a whole bunch of lines for a business.

However, owing to a Bell rule, you couldn't use a 800 number for out-of-State calls AND in-State calls. So the companies had two choices - either set up two numbers, one for the 98% of the US who were calling out-of-State, and 1 for the locals... or simply point out (as required by advertising law) that a particular offer wasn't available in Nebraska. Many did the latter, and the meme stuck, to the extent that Ballmer used it as a joke.

http://www.quora.com/Microsoft-History/Why-did-Steve-Ballmer-say-except-in-Nebraska-at-the-end-of-the-Windows-1-0-ad

omg that's incredible lol

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Learn how to quote! Don't copy and paste someone else work and claims yours. That is just not cool dude.

Learn how to quote! Don't copy and paste someone else work and claims yours. That is just not cool dude.

When did I say it was mine? I clearly left a link at the bottom....

P.T Networx Australia

When did I say it was mine? I clearly left a link at the bottom....

Doesn't mater. Because putting a link, indicate a REFERENCE to support a fact. What you said is not a fact, it's a quote.

So, it should be indicated as so.

Or make a windows 1.0 reboot and call it windows one point zero