I have a problem with my USB 3.0 flash drive

Baxterz

Hi everyone!

Whenever I plug my USB 3.0 flash drive into a USB 3.0 port all it says in the list of drives is Removable Disk (E: )instead of it actually showing my drive. It also is inaccessible and as such I am unable to use my USB. Anybody know how to fix this?

Happened to one of my USB drives. Died a short while later. Couldn't fix it.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

does it allow you to format it?
Nope does not allow me to format it. If I go into the properties of the removable disk then it will say the name of my USB but I can't do anything.

try this, please tell me how far you get:

windows start menu, search for diskpart.exe and run it, in diskpart type the following:

DISKPART>list disk

DISKPART>select disk [your usb]

DISKPART>clean (note: do not stop at this command if you get a error just continue)

DISKPART>create partition primary (note: i you got a error the last step and you also getting one here then you can stop)

DISKPART>select partition 1

DISKPART>active

DISKPART>format fs=ntfs quick

DISKPART>exit

also if you get a error please make a screenshot of it and post it here.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Ok I did as many steps as I could as this where I got.

N5w0t.png

thought so :(

keep a eye on this topic: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/...drive-no-media

there is someone with the same problem, there is no confirmed solution jet but there is still a thing the other guys needs to test.

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

there are 2 new posts in the topic named above, basically 2 programs i would like you to try out.

Both of them for me come up as saying that I should plug in my flash drive when it is already plugged in,