Got a new CPU, switched out old one now pc wont boot

iunaAres

Upgraded cpu from i5 8400k to i7 9700k and launched pc and my motherboard loading screen will pop up and load for a second and freeze in place. This has lead me down a rabbit hole of failure of trying to boot windows from a usb and messing with BIOS. I am lost please help.

What motherboard?

Clear CMOS. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

What motherboard?

Clear CMOS. 

its a Tuf Gaming b360m plus

2 hours ago, iunaAres said:

its a Tuf Gaming b360m plus

clearer CMOS same thing going on

The BIOS the board came with probably didn't support 9th gen. Did you make sure to update the BIOS to the latest version before upgrading the CPU?

If you want to update the BIOS, you'll need to put your old CPU back in, update it, and then put in the 9700K.

11 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

The BIOS the board came with probably didn't support 9th gen. Did you make sure to update the BIOS to the latest version before upgrading the CPU?

If you want to update the BIOS, you'll need to put your old CPU back in, update it, and then put in the 9700K.

On Christmas day I got the i7 and I'm still fairly new to building and upgrading PCs but that day I tried to swap the i5 back in and I was still getting nothing but I woke up today saw your reply, swapped the i5 back in and its no longer freezing. When it loads I will update BIOS. Currently it is repairing disk errors. I will reply with an update if it's fixed or not.

25 minutes ago, iunaAres said:

On Christmas day I got the i7 and I'm still fairly new to building and upgrading PCs but that day I tried to swap the i5 back in and I was still getting nothing but I woke up today saw your reply, swapped the i5 back in and its no longer freezing. When it loads I will update BIOS. Currently it is repairing disk errors. I will reply with an update if it's fixed or not.

Update: PC will load into windows repair mode but every setting I've tried so far only leads to more errors.