Tech Store?

piggykid1

CompUSA has been out of business for a looooong time, brotha.

Not were I live lol :D I think Florida is one if not the only state left that still has them. Thats the main reason I put in my first post "depending on were you live' :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I still have a 256MB flash drive my dad forced me to use.

Can you even store anything more than pictures and maybe MS-DOS? 

Not were I live lol :D I think Florida is one if not the only state left that still has them. Thats the main reason I put in my first post "depending on were you live' :D

Well, the only tech store near me was Circuit City. Since its closing, it was abandoned until Dick's Sporting Goods took over the building. TigerDirect took over their site as well, rumours said.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Can you even store anything more than pictures and maybe MS-DOS? 

I got a few spreadsheets and pics on there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, the only tech store near me was Circuit City. Since its closing, it was abandoned until Dick's Sporting Goods took over the building. TigerDirect took over their site as well, rumours said.

Yeah Tigerdirct did take over CompUSA, the one I go to which is only 10 minutes away, changed over to Tigerdirct a couple of months ago, so the only one left I now of here in Florida is in West Orlando.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Wow you don't have a lot of tech store options near you. I at least have BestBuy and microcenter.

Wow you don't have a lot of tech store options near you. I at least have BestBuy and microcenter.

Yeah, all I have is best buy. If I want to get a computer part, I drive all the way to Fremont, CA to Fry's. Really sucks the tech market here in CA sucks, even considering Silicon Valley. DAMN YOU CALIFORNIA.

I don't think Staples and Best Buy count.

But Staples has CPUs and GPUs on shelves in store.....

Anyways like every one said i normally tend to go to frys or microcenter. depending on why you want to go look at stuff bestbuy or other places maybe ok  if you want to look at keyboards and mice but i would recommend buying online unless they have a good price in the stores.

No. Especially if all you get is a chinese made 64MB flash drive for 5 cents.

what 5 cents? that is crazy the last 64MB flash drive i bought was 35$

is it odd that i have a bigger micro sd card then flash drives now lol

Why has nobody mentioned NCIX!!!

NCIX is honestly a very terrible retailer i have found. Their sales associates (At least in Markham, ON.) know absolutely nothing as does the manager there. They have close to nothing on display. There shipping is also terrible as is there webstie. Very un-user friendly.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Microcenter FTW

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

NCIX is honestly a very terrible retailer i have found. Their sales associates (At least in Markham, ON.) know absolutely nothing as does the manager there. They have close to nothing on display. There shipping is also terrible as is there webstie. Very un-user friendly.

I have had the complete opposite experience. 

I have also found the associates to be very helpful and knowledable, with plenty of products on display.

I have continued to be astonished with there service and I always go there whenever I need something as long as they carry it.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

None near me. Other than frozen cpu

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Staples. (Overpriced)

Best Buy. (Overpriced)

Microcenter.

Online is your best option with the exception of amazing Microcenter deals.

they both price match and Staples has had some insane online deals recently that beat everyone elses'

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Here in Canada, I loooove NCIX,  on their opening day sale @ the Ottawa store, I managed to pick up a 4670k for $220 CAD! I also have Canada computers, but they're kinda meh

Don't talk crap about NCIX. Especially, where Linus used to work.

Don't talk crap about NCIX. Especially, where Linus used to work.

I do not see why it matters? I have an opinion about an retailer. I can say it. I am sharing my experience with them. I am not saying the employees are bad. The company is bad. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

they both price match and Staples has had some insane online deals recently that beat everyone elses'

Oh, didn't know they price matched. :/