"Live Google Earth" To Watch Crime As It Happens

Didn't see this anywhere on this forum, sorry if it is a re-post.

Police Are Testing a "Live Google Earth" To Watch Crime As It Happens

My opinion on this is that while it looks great initially for 'crime watching', I am very certain this will be used(abused?) to collect data on everyone else.  Just because they are using planes with cameras on them to do the 'crime watching' doesn't mean this is limited, I believe most certainly it will be extended to balloons, drones, etc as well.  It almost seems like the only way you could ever get any privacy is to stay at home, close the blinds and disconnect the power-source for any electronic device.

Link

Rock On!

I think i heard of this a couple of months ago  :huh:

THEN THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
http://goo.gl/maps/lfvWk

TERROR EVERYWHERE!

wsntpv.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

To be honest, if the proper safe guards are put in place I actually really like this idea.

In the world where we have unsolved murders, hit and runs causing death and such it would be nice to be able to go to an archival footage and be able to "track" people.  The area where I think it would go to far is if they actively monitor the footage, but if the footage is archived and a crime is -known- to have happened, then I feel that they may access the archival footage to determine who it was/where they went to.  I am aware this would probably end up being abused, but I always hope for an utopian world.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I'm sad but amazed that we will eventually just let it go and be ok with having 0 privacy and those who oppose the idea will be silently put down...

I guess people won't get a choice whether they want to share information or not pretty soon...

Privacy and technology cannon coexist.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

All our school netbooks have webcams, that could technically be used by the teachers, because the netbooks are running a special Interface over Windows 7. So is this Big Brother 2.1?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

This isn't going to be "abused" for creepy shit...Its going to be PRIMARILY used for creepy shit. Human nature

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

One of my major concerns is how much this will cost. We have people going hungry and schools that can't afford books. Can we really afford this police state mentality.

I also object on a privacy basis but I right it would be interesting to offer anther reason stuff like this is bad.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

It would be amazing if I could just watch people walk down the street.

and weird

While I am all for privacy, what we do outside in public (or not necessarily in public, but still outside), you're aware that there MAY be people watching, even without the use of technology. How is this much different? I don't see the problem in it

Praise Duarte!

While I am all for privacy, what we do outside in public (or not necessarily in public, but still outside), you're aware that there MAY be people watching, even without the use of technology. How is this much different? I don't see the problem in it

Because there is almost zero protection from this. You can put a fence up around your garden, but this way you can never be private. Its also very easy to be used for crimes. "Ahh finally. Mrs. trophy wife finally left the mansion....Operation Rob the Rich Bastards is a go!"

And that was properly the least disturbing crime I could come up with.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Of course the fist place it is used in is Compton.

LOL

... and you know what? I support this measure if it stops all crime. Monitor everything. Fix this world.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

LOL

... and you know what? I support this measure if it stops all crime. Monitor everything. Fix this world.

So you would give up all your privacy for the few people who commit crimes? I hope this never happens, this makes the goverment way to powerfull.

"It's like all common sense just goes out of the window when a computer is involved."