Upgrading old PC need feedback on New build

After 4ish years iv decided to upgrade from my old PC, but im reusing my GPU, RAM, and old m.2 3rd.gen nvme bootdrive.

This is my New build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pQ27Dc

I wanted to have some some very quick storage for various games, etc. Then some decent storage in Raid 1 for pictures, documents, etc. I didnt necessarily need 2 m.2 1TB but.. why the hell not. Not really sure which one to use as a bootdrive. Thinking in the sense thatd ill be able to have more games on a faster drive. 

Overall im really just trying to get some feedback on what iv put together so far and some pointers. Thanks guys

Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core * Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X DDR4 ATX LGA1700 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 * EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB FTW3 * Fractal Design Meshify C * Samsung 870 Evo 2 TB 2.5"  / Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive / (2) Seagate 4 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM in RAID 0 * Corsair RM850x 850 W 80+ Gold * Asus PG279Q ROG Swift * Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM 

There are three things that I'm gonna critique about this. Everything else is what I'd do.

1.) Why get a PSU upgrade? If your sig is up to date, the PSU is more than enough for your system. Why upgrade if it isn't gonna improve anything? Wait to upgrade it until you actually need to. 

2.) Your storage configuration is very weird. Gen 4 SSDs make no difference for consumer applications, and coming from someone with a 980 Pro, it's impossible to tell the difference between it and a 970 Evo. Direct storage isn't out yet, so there is absolutely no reason to have it in a consumer system as of yet. You're better off spending that money on a higher capacity SSD instead. 

3.) Get a Scythe Fuma 2 instead of the AIO. It performs about the same and costs significantly less. Do note that you'll need to buy a mounting adapter, but it is compatible.

Recommend skipping the second m.2 nvme ssd, and putting more money towards the case configuration, and getting another 2.5" SSD instead. The 970 EVO Plus is not old, by any means. I mean... maybe old in the sense you had it for a long while, but it's still a fantastic nvme ssd.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/snxcZZ

Hope it helps!

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

On 12/22/2021 at 12:16 PM, GeorgeMKane said:

Recommend skipping the second m.2 nvme ssd, and putting more money towards the case configuration, and getting another 2.5" SSD instead. The 970 EVO Plus is not old, by any means. I mean... maybe old in the sense you had it for a long while, but it's still a fantastic nvme ssd.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/snxcZZ

Hope it helps!

Meh, why the 5600x, when 12600k is available at the same price has has better performance.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, Zabzky said:

Snip...

Reuse your existing RAM, GPU, Storage, Case and PSU assuming that those are the parts from your bio (not RAM).

Get something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor ($299.98 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.90 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Pro RS ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $569.87

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-23 04:26 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

16 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Meh, why the 5600x, when 12600k is available at the same price has has better performance.

The 5600X is better value, and Intel's 12th gen cpu's have had problems since launch. Maybe I need to watch a few more recent videos, but there's a lot wrong there. Then again, the 5000 series was also not a perfect launch, but at least it had way better power consumption.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos