Can dual boot Windows 8.1 and OSX Mavericks hurt performance?

So... can it?

Also I have a question, how would I go about installing OSX on it??

What are you system specs?

i7-4770k, nh-d14,z87x-ud3h,gtx 780ti, v850 psu,fractal case, 1tb ssd and 4tb wd green.

Installing OS X won't cause a performance decrease in Windows, only less drive space. There is a performance decrease in OS X compared to Windows. You can dual boot Windows and OS X. Please post your full system specs, as Hackintoshes require very specific hardware to run properly. You also might want to ask over at the Tonymacx86 forums, they will most likely be more help than us as this is mainly a PC forum.

Spoiler

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

All the steps should be the same, minus the amdfx boot flag to get into the installer.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

i7-4770k, nh-d14,z87x-ud3h,gtx 780ti, v850 psu,fractal case, 1tb ssd and 4tb wd green.

Yeah your system will support OS X.

\

Installing OS X won't cause a performance decrease in Windows, only less drive space. There is a performance decrease in OS X compared to Windows. You can dual boot Windows and OS X. Please post your full system specs, as Hackintoshes require very specific hardware to run properly. You also might want to ask over at the Tonymacx86 forums, they will most likely be more help than us as this is mainly a PC forum.

How do I do it? My dad has a macbook air running mavericks, I think I need access to a mac, right?