My internet keeps crashing when I try to play some games...

Go to solution Solved by Sloppy_Joe,

A little late, but I found the solution.  In my router settings, there was a protection option that when turned on, cut off the internet of devices that were considered a "threat".  When playing certain games, the router thought that my pc was a threat, in return shutting the connection off for my pc.

I just bought Escape from Tarkov, and everytime I load it up everything will run fine for about 15 seconds and then my computer completely disconnects from the internet. Everything else in the house can still connect and works fine, but my computer won’t connect. Even if I restart my computer or unplug the Ethernet cable and plug it back in it still won’t work. This only happens when I play certain games, such as Call of Duty or Escape from tarkov. Is there any reasoning for why this happens?

Call of Duty is a known internet killer, wouldn't surprise me if other games have similar problems. 

Do you know what model of router/modem you have?

9 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Call of Duty is a known internet killer, wouldn't surprise me if other games have similar problems. 

Do you know what model of router/modem you have?

My router is a TP-Link AC1750, and my router was one that my ISP gave me.  The thing that is weird is that it barely happens with Call of Duty anymore, and when it does happen in Call of Duty or Tarkov it happens almost as soon as I load into the game itself, not even when I join a server or lobby.

1 hour ago, Sloppy_Joe said:

My router is a TP-Link AC1750, and my router was one that my ISP gave me.  The thing that is weird is that it barely happens with Call of Duty anymore, and when it does happen in Call of Duty or Tarkov it happens almost as soon as I load into the game itself, not even when I join a server or lobby.

I used to have similar issues with Call of Duty: Warzone last year. 

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

I used to have similar issues with Call of Duty: Warzone last year. 

Same.  I guess it just fixed itself recently or something because I don't have that problem with Warzone anymore, but now it is starting for Tarkov and I am very annoyed.

• 1 year later...

A little late, but I found the solution.  In my router settings, there was a protection option that when turned on, cut off the internet of devices that were considered a "threat".  When playing certain games, the router thought that my pc was a threat, in return shutting the connection off for my pc.