Top Tier Headset Recommendation

RocketNinja15

Budget (including currency): Idk, Something top tier but not overkill

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, and Watching/Listening 

Other details: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rocketninja15/saved/#view=TcCbhM

Hey! 

I’m looking for a top tier headset for my pc. What would you suggest? I currently have the SteelSeries ARCTIS 7 2019 Edition 7.1 Channel Headset in my build plan.

Depends on your use case. You want open back? Mic? Wired or wireless? I'm using Sennheiser HD 599s, and they work fine, but they're open back.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

There is audeze mobius.  But that's an audiophile grade cost 400$. They work with Bluetooth and wired . Using magnetic planner drivers . Also there is Penroze ( I do have mobius) it's wireless g2.4 but u lose some of the frequency range ( unless u know your frequencies u won't notice a difference) they are closed back and got its own dac built in 

Top tier isn't a headset, it's separate headphones and a microphone. If you want a headset, generally the recommendations I've seen are the Massdrop x Sennheiser PC38x, the Beyerdynamic MMX series, and the Cooler Master MH series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Top tier isn't a headset, it's separate headphones and a microphone. If you want a headset, generally the recommendations I've seen are the Massdrop x Sennheiser PC38x, the Beyerdynamic MMX series, and the Cooler Master MH series.

No, i mean best headset, probably not a mic as my friend is getting one for me over Christmas 

Well unfortunately "top tier" can be anything. Depends on your taste. 

I really like Sennheiser HD600/650/660S/6XX but they are not "thumping" headphones if you like base a lot for example but otherwise provide nice and clear and mostly flat sound signature. 

Some hate it, some love it, its about preference. 

TBH it would be best if you can walk into a store and try it if it's an option. 

DT 770 Pro may be a great choice as well for not that big of a price as well. 

Honestly, anything Sennheiser or AudioTechnica.  Start with the features you want (open/closed, etc) and go from there.

Personally I like the hyperx cloud II for a headset. It's great for gaming and it's decent for music. Its not as good as an audiophile headphones for music but Personally I play games more than listen to music so I tend to use my hyperx cloud II way more often than say my sennheiser headphones. For one the hyperx could II are by far the most comfortable pair of headphones I have worn and again they are super good for gaming and can pick up footsteps way better than say my Sennheiser headphones. Now the music quality is still very good imo and I love listening to music with my hyperx could II even though the sound quality is slightly worse than my Sennheiser headphones. For me the difference in music quality is 100% made up for in playing games. I would say the hyperx cloud II are a better all around headphones for someone who both like to play games and listen to music. 

I'm of precisely the opposite opinion on comfort and sound, having used my HD439's for hundreds of hours; I will stick with them all day long for comfort, gaming or music.