Is this a bent socket pin? LGA 1150

Bear45

https://imgur.com/a/ANy9Nhh

LGA 1150 - Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1

This system was up and running for a few days

then I set an XMP profile and hit "autotune"... and it auto self destructed. had a black screen, now i have no signal.

Take out the motherboard battery and disconnect the power.. Wait 30 minutes and reconnect and see if it boots..

You could also try the "Crashfree bios" option listed in the document you provided to flash the bios, but i would try the above first.

Just now, Allan B said:

Take out the motherboard battery and disconnect the power.. Wait 30 minutes and reconnect and see if it boots..

You could also try the "Crashfree bios" option listed in the document you provided to flash the bios, but i would try the above first.

i tried clearing the cmos (battery), jumping the CPU_OV, and RTC RAM

I take it that the pins are fine? 

1 minute ago, Bear45 said:

From the image I don't see any bent.  Also enabling XMP is not going to bend a pin so I am not sure why you are asking about a bent pin after enabling XMP, the 2 cannot be related...

18 minutes ago, Bear45 said:

i tried clearing the cmos (battery), jumping the CPU_OV, and RTC RAM

Unless that mobo has a very odd design, that looks like a missing pin to me.

Did you recently remove your cpu for any reason?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

26 minutes ago, Bear45 said:

https://imgur.com/a/ANy9Nhh

LGA 1150 - Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1

This system was up and running for a few days

then I set an XMP profile and hit "autotune"... and it auto self destructed. had a black screen, now i have no signal.

No.  That’s a broken pin.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Allan B said:

From the image I don't see any bent.  Also enabling XMP is not going to bend a pin so I am not sure why you are asking about a bent pin after enabling XMP, the 2 cannot be related...

"the CPU_LED and the Memok_LED flash in alternation every once and awhile."

"Auto tune in bios" - CPU overclocking feature.

thought it maybe in relation to one these.

or i dunno, the CPU has stayed in socket, but it was recently fitted with a hyper 212.

But yea you're right.

I'm going to give one more crack at the battery, and leave it a bit longer

5 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Did you recently remove your cpu for any reason?

Not in the last 4 or 5 days.  after I hit autotune/ xmp, the fan spun up quite a bit... but i would think that's a stretch.

could it have been working fine with a "missing pin" until i hit Autotune (CPU)?

15 minutes ago, Bear45 said:

Not in the last 4 or 5 days.  after I hit autotune/ xmp, the fan spun up quite a bit... but i would think that's a stretch.

could it have been working fine with a "missing pin" until i hit Autotune (CPU)?

Yes.  Often there are things like multiple power or ground pins and sometimes a pin can be lost without affecting most things.  I’ve got a z97 board like this.  Broken pin but it still works. If the pin is for, say, an iGP, the thing might still work as long as you NEVER attempt to use the iGP.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yes.  Often there are things like multiple power or ground pins and sometimes a pin can be lost without affecting most things.  I’ve got a z97 board like this.  Broken pin but it still works. 

... my worry is then, the Autotune shorted something out. 

maybe on the CPU itself

maybe on the keyboard controller; which was the "device error" i got before the video signal stopped working with boot up.

on the account that clearing the CMOS hasn't done anything for me.... and many of the other parts are independently tested (GPU,PSU,RAM,monitors)