Is UnMineable miner safe? What other miner would you reccomend?

I had UnMinable miner and windows defender flagged it. some people also say the miner isnt that good so what else would you reccomend for an amd gpu?

Thanks

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining 

Defender basically flags all miners so it's not a distinctive characteristic.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

All miners/crypto software is flagged by AVs. What cards do you have? I use NBminer and the ethermine pool, no issues so far.

just an rx 470 lol 😬

On 12/12/2021 at 6:04 PM, snozking said:

just an rx 470 lol 😬

Is it a 4GB or 8GB version?

I've been using Nicehash with an RX 580 4GB and it earns about $0.80 a day, plus it's useful as a space heater for the winter. If you have an 8GB card, your earnings will be much more substantial, as it could do ETH mining.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:04 PM, snozking said:

just an rx 470 lol 😬

You can get your card upgraded to 8gb, there are tutorials online (you need to be an expert in order to accomplish this, so I recommend finding a nearby electronics repair place) 

for my 3070 FE I am using nanominer

for any LHR card you should use NBminer as it can unlock 70% of hash rate compared to 50% with other miner softwares. 

In the very beginning I looked at nicehash and wasn't a fan of the UI. the plain old terminal windows of the two I mentioned are more attractive to me and just simpler. make sure you edit the config files to add your wallet, otherwise you are mining for someone else.