[WCCF, but it's k] Sid Meier’s Massively Anticipated Reboot ‘ Beyond Earth’ will Come with Mantle API

KakaoDj

WCCFtech article (warning, you will need an antivirus installed in order to view safely)

I really don't think there will be any significant performance improvements with Mantle in this title, due to the slow paced gameplay

I will tell you one thing though. Sid Meier’s team has left no stone unturned in an attempt to distribute it to the widest audience possible. The game not only supports every major platform including Windows, Steam OS, Linux and Mac OS but will also have Mantle API support hardwired into the code. Expect to see Mantle API fueled performance out of the box and without any synthetic updates unlike Battlefield 4 and Thief. It goes without saying that DirectX  is supported and unless I am mistaken, Nvidia will be working on bringing out a DX 11 Optimization Driver for the game in a tit for tat fashion.

sid-meier-beyond-earth.jpg

Please tell me this has nothing to do with After Earth.

Couldn't tell you, not a huge fan of the series  :P

This game look better and better every time I see a new article, it's great!

Now, as long as Gandhi isn't bombing me with nukes, I'll be OK.

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

Please tell me this has nothing to do with After Earth.

No, it's more of continuation of Civ V, then a Alpha Centauri remake.

I really don't think there will be any significant performance improvements with Mantle in this title, due to the slow paced gameplay

There should be improvements considering how much optimisation the CiV games need esp when you scale up the number of players.

Actually it might help more than you think. Games like this are REALLY HEAVY on the CPU especially if you don't want to wait 5 min for the enemy to take his turn. My guess is the biggest gains will be in long games where enemies have to take huge number of variables into consideration when taking their turn.

Very nice.

Games like CIV might get really big performance improvements with Mantle. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Very nice.

Games like CIV might get really big performance improvements with Mantle. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Indeed, shifting the overly heavy CPU load to the GPU. Making it do GPGPU calculations is much more effective. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

If this is anything like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri:

aKzNmOO_460sa.gif

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I pray they don't try to complete with Galactic Civilizations 3.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Does that mean I don't have to wait for AI to do a turn? These games don't need help graphically, just something that will make the turns go by a lot faster.