Edge not launching with the correct startup sites anymore

Stahlmann

I have set Edge up to launch to my youtube subscriptions and it worked fine for months. Since the last update it doesn't start to anything else than the annoying "New tab" page that is full of celebrity gossip i don't f***ing care about. No settings i choose in the new-tab settings change anything about that.

Did anyone run into the same issue and was able to fix it?

Screenshot of my settings page:

image.thumb.png.ae5b3d004de24b6466515e51bb394d7b.png

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Not experiencing any such problem..

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.93db6de69670f89aa2d128db124da356.png

Do we have the same version of Edge?

Spoiler

image.png.6825d87c557b4bda901e1bcf68656eac.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

3 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Not experiencing any such problem..

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.93db6de69670f89aa2d128db124da356.png

Do we have the same version of Edge?

Hide contents

image.png.6825d87c557b4bda901e1bcf68656eac.png

Yes we have:

image.png.4957ad6a16fd801a5b11d1f0dabf3cf3.png

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Try turning it off and on again. Set the launch page to a blank tab or some other website and then set it back to your YouTube subscription feed. Close and relaunch the browser in between changing settings to confirm the change was applied. Reapplying the setting might be enough to get it to work. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

23 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Try turning it off and on again. Set the launch page to a blank tab or some other website and then set it back to your YouTube subscription feed. Close and relaunch the browser in between changing settings to confirm the change was applied. Reapplying the setting might be enough to get it to work. 

Tried that already, sadly didn't work.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

celebrity gossip

this is precisely why i dont use edge, the settings just don't stick,  they'll "accidentally" "forget" them once every few months ...

i recommend Chrome sincerely,  "it just works".

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

this is precisely why i dont use edge, the settings just don't stick,  they'll "accidentally" "forget" them once every few months ...

i recommend Chrome sincerely,  "it just works".

I need my browser to at least support HDR and 4K video streaming, and Chrome doesn't support that. Otherwise i'd probably consider it. Edge has exactly the features i need/want but this is a rather annoying problem. I'll reinstall it this evening. Hopefully restoring my previous settings, bookmarks, etc. won't be too much hassle.

49 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I need my browser to at least support HDR and 4K video streaming, and Chrome doesn't support that.

Ah, i didn't know that,  i don't really care for hdr i guess, but yeah, that is a reason to not use chrome then...

50 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'll reinstall it this evening.

you mean edge not windows,  right? yeah that should be a solution,  i thought just redoing the settings would work though, it did for me, but that was before it became "chromified" mind you - the issue was basically the same though.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

35 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ah, i didn't know that,  i don't really care for hdr i guess, but yeah, that is a reason to not use chrome then...

My HDR1000 monitor cares 😉

35 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

you mean edge not windows,  right?

Of course i mean Edge. Hopefully reinstalling and restoring settings will only take a few minutes.