Fractal Torrent RGB Strip Issues

I'm having an issue with the RGB strip on my Fractal Torrent RGB. I reached out to Fractal but was trying to troubleshoot in the meantime. For some reason it is flickering with different colors, especially when it is set to a single color. Ex: when it is set to red it flashes blue and red like a cop car. I checked all my connections and they seem good to go and the strip is chained together with all the Fractal RGB case fans and all the case fans are doing fine. Thoughts?

31 minutes ago, WoodsytheOwl221 said:

I'm having an issue with the RGB strip on my Fractal Torrent RGB. I reached out to Fractal but was trying to troubleshoot in the meantime. For some reason it is flickering with different colors, especially when it is set to a single color. Ex: when it is set to red it flashes blue and red like a cop car. I checked all my connections and they seem good to go and the strip is chained together with all the Fractal RGB case fans and all the case fans are doing fine. Thoughts?

If it’s not systemic and other parts are acting normally it sounds like a hardware issue.  If it’s the only thing hooked up to a given connector it could be the connector.  Doesn’t sound like it.  I might be r wrong about that. Is this the only strip in that chain? This is like one of those things where only one fan in a chain of three isn’t working right. 90+% chance it’s the fan in that case.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, WoodsytheOwl221 said:

i would hook up just the strip and change the color to a solid red, green, blue. see if something not right.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 12/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, Bombastinator said:

If it’s not systemic and other parts are acting normally it sounds like a hardware issue.  If it’s the only thing hooked up to a given connector it could be the connector.  Doesn’t sound like it.  I might be r wrong about that. Is this the only strip in that chain? This is like one of those things where only one fan in a chain of three isn’t working right. 90+% chance it’s the fan in that case.

Nope, definitely not the only thing in the chain. About 5 other fans are hooked up. Spoke to Fractal and they are already sending me a new strip, so lets hope that's all it it and not a header issue.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, thrasher_565 said:

i would hook up just the strip and change the color to a solid red, green, blue. see if something not right.

Good call, I have a replacement coming from Fractal so at least it will be fixed if that's the issue. Although since all the fans also hooked up to that header are fine I think it's just an issue with the strip.