vm gpu assingment passthrough and nvidia gpus

i recently acquired a Quadro t400 to throw in a server for gpu passthrough using server 2019 to a windows 10 vm.i thought this was a valid config but the vm gives code 43.i know geforce and rtx cards got supported recently and tesla gpus were always supported with a license server. are quadros not supported in vms? or i am just not setting it up right?

I believe that card does not officially support PCIe passthrough, 2000 and up does. Does seem odd that with the removal of restriction on the RTX/GTX side this was not done for low end Quadro cards.

Maybe try the GeForce drivers if that even lets you use them. Also make sure your host system is using pure UEFI BIOS mode not mixed/CSM or legacy and also make sure the VM is too.

Otherwise RIP, this is dumb. Hail Mary and contact Nvidia support and point out this stupidness 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I believe that card does not officially support PCIe passthrough, 2000 and up does. Does seem odd that with the removal of restriction on the RTX/GTX side this was not done for low end Quadro cards.

Maybe try the GeForce drivers if that even lets you use them. Also make sure your host system is using pure UEFI BIOS mode not mixed/CSM or legacy and also make sure the VM is too.

Otherwise RIP, this is dumb. Hail Mary and contact Nvidia support and point out this stupidness 🤷‍♂️

yeah i just had a look and bios is set to legacy.i dont think the supermicro x9dri did very well when i had it in uefi.but ill give it a go  

On 12/3/2021 at 4:29 AM, leadeater said:

i did reinstall with uefi enabled but no luck as its still errored out in a vm. i tried to do some info hunting and had seen another post on a forum saying that only the higher end quadros are supported 2000 and up.kinda of a bummer if its true.i pulled out some old hardware and installed on bare metal to solve the issue.