TKL 80% with Knob

MXMLN

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a TKL/80% mechanical keyboard with a rotating knob and can't find something appropriate.

I really like the Keychron Q1 like shown in this ShortCircuit but the variation with a knob is not available yet and unfortunately it's also not a 80% TKL. Keychron doesn't offer a 80% TKL with a knob 😞 

There is also something like the Logitech G915 TKL which is also nice because it has Bluetooth and the fancy logitech lightspeed thingy but I'm not so comfortable with the switches. And HELL NO they still use Micro-USB in the end of 2021!

Maybe you have some good recommendations for me?

Thank you very much!

Is the knob for macro or volume control?  Plenty of boards with discreet volume control buttons.

Hey there.

13 hours ago, MXMLN said:

I'm looking for a TKL/80% mechanical keyboard with a rotating knob and can't find something appropriate.

I really like the Keychron Q1 like shown in this ShortCircuit but the variation with a knob is not available yet and unfortunately it's also not a 80% TKL. Keychron doesn't offer a 80% TKL with a knob 😞 

Sounds like you're looking for a 75% with a rotary knob? If so:

• GMMK Pro ($169.99 from Glorious): Barebones Kit. Hot-Swappable. Rotary Knob. QMK Compatibility. RGB. USB-C Connectivity.
  • Keydous NJ80 ($95 from Drop): Barebones Kit. Hot-Swappable. Rotary Knob. RGB. Bluetooth, USB-C Connectivity.

For both barebones kits, switches and keycaps will be a separate purchase.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, IPD said:

Is the knob for macro or volume control?  Plenty of boards with discreet volume control buttons.

Sorry for the late answer. The knob should be for volume control.

Which keyboard is on your mind? 

On 12/3/2021 at 1:27 AM, Eschew said:

Hey there.

Sounds like you're looking for a 75% with a rotary knob? If so:

• GMMK Pro ($169.99 from Glorious): Barebones Kit. Hot-Swappable. Rotary Knob. QMK Compatibility. RGB. USB-C Connectivity.
  • Keydous NJ80 ($95 from Drop): Barebones Kit. Hot-Swappable. Rotary Knob. RGB. Bluetooth, USB-C Connectivity.

For both barebones kits, switches and keycaps will be a separate purchase.

Hi. Thank you for your suggestions

These options are awesome but I‘m actually looking for a 80% and not a 75% TKL. Just the numblock should be cut of. Arrow keys and the keys above should be not the „typical layout“ position.

Do you have a recommendation for this as well?

3 hours ago, MXMLN said:

Hi. Thank you for your suggestions

These options are awesome but I‘m actually looking for a 80% and not a 75% TKL. Just the numblock should be cut of. Arrow keys and the keys above should be not the „typical layout“ position.

Do you have a recommendation for this as well?

Ah, my apologies for misreading. 😅

Not too sure what you mean by "Arrow keys and the keys above should be not the typical layout position."

Hm. For an 80% with a rotary knob for volume control, I can only think of the Everest Core + Media Dock, or pre-built keebs (not my forte).

• Everest Core + Media Dock (€129.99 - €149.99 from MOUNTAIN (Barebones) / MOUNTAIN (Pre-Built), Media Dock at $69.99 from MOUNTAIN): RGB. Dedicated Media Dock, Volume Roller / Knob.
  • Corsair K70 RGB TKL ($99.99 - $139.99 from Amazon): Cherry MX Speed Switches. Double-Shot PBT Keycaps. RGB. Dedicated Media Keys, Volume Roller / Knob.
  • Steelseries Apex 3 TKL ($39.99 from Amazon): SteelSeries Whisper-Quiet Switches. ABS Keycaps. RGB. Volume Roller / Knob.
    • Missing Print Screen, Scroll Lock, Pause / Break Keys.
  • Steelseries Apex 7 TKL ($129.99 from Amazon): SteelSeries QX2 Red / Brown / Blue Switches. ABS Keycaps. RGB. Volume Roller / Knob. OLED Screen.
  • Steelseries Apex Pro TKL (OOS from Amazon) : OmniPoint Adjustable Mechanical Switches. ABS Keycaps. RGB. Volume Roller / Knob. OLED Screen.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)