Radiator fan questions

Devryd

Hi,

I am currently working on optimizing my custom loop and I think my fans are not really good as radiator fans. I have 2 Rads, one 240mm, the other 280mm. The 2 140mm are the fans that came with my case (fractal design meshify 2), the 2 120mm fans are pure wings 2. What other fans make a difference to the cooling performance?
If so, I would be glad, if you could recommend me a fan. 
Thanks in advance
devryd

9 hours ago, iMxmo said:

For some value options consider: 
P12 PWM PST CO - 11 USD
P14 PWM PST CO - 14 USD 

If noise is something you're concerned about, consider:
Enermax SQUA - 20 USD

Nidec Gentle Typhoon (OOS)

As for purely performance oriented: 

PH T30-120 - 31 USD

Are these better than the ones I currently use?
Would it make a real difference?

I read about noctua industrial fans. They seem to be pretty good, but also really expensive. 

6 hours ago, Devryd said:

Are these better than the ones I currently use?
Would it make a real difference?

For one, P12 PWM PST CO are 4PIN PWM. Allowing voltage control and fan curves, Pure Wings 2 has 3PIN DC models and 4PIN PWM models. Which one do you have? See image (disregard molex connector on the right): 

fan-connectors-100360901-orig.jpg

P12 PWM PST CO are also DBB and have a higher MTTF/bearing longevity (as opposed to 
As for CFM and ariflow performance, this video by Optimum Tech showcases the P12s, Silent Wings 3, and Gentle Typhoons: 

P12 Does outperform the Silent Wings 3 (by a very small amount) As for radiator use, SW3 > PW2
SW3 has a static pressure rating of: 1.08mm H2O @ 1000RPM

While PW2 has a static pressure rating of: 0.76mm H2O @ 1000RPM

But if you aren't having problems with thermal throttling keep your current fan configuration.
I would for sure recommend P12 PWM PST CO as the best budget price/performance option.

I have one sw2 pwm and one dc. I am currently looking to optimize my loop to get the most performance out of it .

1 hour ago, iMxmo said:

For one, P12 PWM PST CO are 4PIN PWM. Allowing voltage control and fan curves, Pure Wings 2 has 3PIN DC models and 4PIN PWM models. Which one do you have? See image (disregard molex connector on the right): 

50 minutes ago, Devryd said:

I have one sw2 pwm and one dc. I am currently looking to optimize my loop to get the most performance out of it .

If you want to stick with the SW2, then that's fine, just buy a few more of those. But P12 does outperform SW2, at least in this benchmark:

Could you attach an image of the radiator configuration + fans? 

19 minutes ago, iMxmo said:

Could you attach an image of the radiator configuration + fans? 

Its pretty hard to see. I have the 240Rad in the top and the 280 rad in the front. Both are configured as input in pull.
I have a single 140mm exhaust fan (pure wings 2 high speed)

IMG_20210907_214706.jpg

I built one run with noctua industrial 140's and 120's then made a rig with an identical rad setup in the same case with the artic 140's and 12's mentioned.

Id just get regular noctua chromax fans or the artic stuff. Id get the pin version though. Seem to work great and cheap if noctua is out of the budget. 
Not much for the rainbow fans. As thats what led stripes are for. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

for fans on radiator you'll want the ones with good static pressure & pwm

noctua nf a12x25 (pricey, chromax version has shorter cable) 

noctua redux nf-p14s

noctua nf-p12

noctua ippc, quite good but u gotta watch its rpm coz at higher range its gonna be loud 

arctic p12, p14

arctic p120 or p140 (these are quieter than the above) 

phanteks t30 (best 120 performance but is 30mm thick) 

lianli sl120 / sl140 / al120 (easy cable management for rgb) 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini