RAM Help

Tyderas
Go to solution Solved by Tech87,

Are the memory settings the same on both sets of RAM?

If you had any previous xmp/overclocks, have you tried clearing the CMOS to see if all four sticks would then be detected?

Hello, I'm having an issue and am a little confused was hoping I could get some sort of guidance. I currently have an ASUS ROG B450-F Motherboard and I am running 2 sticks of 3200mhz cl16 white vengeance lpx ram, I wanted to upgrade to 32gb as I find myself nearly using all 16gb at times so I went and purchased the exact same ram but this this time I bought the black sticks and when I installed it my pc wouldn't boot. I referred to my mobo manual and it mentioned supporting up to 16gb of memory however the website states otherwise. Is there some sort of difference between the two that is causing them to be incompatible or is my mobo just budget.

I've attached a screenshot of the manual I was referring too and a link to my motherboard. Thanks in advance!

*My MOBO* https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/specimage.png.bdbd742fee926727bb1f416cd47977d2.png

4 minutes ago, Tyderas said:

Hello, I'm having an issue and am a little confused was hoping I could get some sort of guidance. I currently have an ASUS ROG B450-F Motherboard and I am running 2 sticks of 3200mhz cl16 white vengeance lpx ram, I wanted to upgrade to 32gb as I find myself nearly using all 16gb at times so I went and purchased the exact same ram but this this time I bought the black sticks and when I installed it my pc wouldn't boot. I referred to my mobo manual and it mentioned supporting up to 16gb of memory however the website states otherwise. Is there some sort of difference between the two that is causing them to be incompatible or is my mobo just budget.

I've attached a screenshot of the manual I was referring too and a link to my motherboard. Thanks in advance!

*My MOBO* https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/specimage.png.bdbd742fee926727bb1f416cd47977d2.png

The LPX and Ryzen have compatibility issues, If you can get into BIOS, I can give you settings to get the most out of them, but it sounds like you may have a different issue. Have you tried A1+B1 and A2+B2? Or trying them one at a time? I have a set in my system where one of the sticks has a less than perfect die on it so like 1% of the time it just doesn't boot at all. Taking down to JEDEC standard frequency got me to that 1% instability from somewhere near 5%. 

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

The LPX and Ryzen have compatibility issues, If you can get into BIOS, I can give you settings to get the most out of them, but it sounds like you may have a different issue. Have you tried A1+B1 and A2+B2? Or trying them one at a time? I have a set in my system where one of the sticks has a less than perfect die on it so like 1% of the time it just doesn't boot at all. Taking down to JEDEC standard frequency got me to that 1% instability from somewhere near 5%. 

My motherboard only has 4 ram slots and I was trying to use all 4 of them, I have not tried one stick at a time, I figured it would boot if just one of the sticks was dead, I took out the 2 new sticks and it booted up no problem

53 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Are the memory settings the same on both sets of RAM?

If you had any previous xmp/overclocks, have you tried clearing the CMOS to see if all four sticks would then be detected?

Both sets are 3200mhz 8gb sticks, I did have a setting in the bios that just changed the boost clock from whatever they were to 3200mhz and I didnt reset it not sure if that would chjange anything though cause they are the same speed. Im not sure if its even a detection problem though cause I didnt even get a post, screen was just black and the led on my board was yellow

I've tried both sticks on their own in another computer and it booted no problem so Im eliminating the possibility of it being a dead stick.