Looking for a laptop to replace my Zenbook UM425I

vicluber
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

Which Software do you need?

You'd be surprised what already runs on M1, even with Rosetta or Parallels.

M1 MB Air is the only Fanless Notebook you should consider at all - ignoring Chromebooks.

There are fanless windows laptops, even cheaper than the MB Air. But they will have like a 4w Intel N5000 CPU, so the performance will be quite... challenging.

These won't be compareable in any way shape or form with the Macbook.

Edit: Wait i lied. Huawei has some X-series laptop model, that was fanless. But these cost more than the Macbook Air, and wont even have half the performance, because Intel Chips even with a Fan will throttle more than the M1 without a Fan.

My advice: If all your software runs on M1 Macbooks, get the M1 Air. You won't look back, i promise.

I bought an Asus um425I... And the things I find more annoying in a laptop you can't spot them without using them for a while, certainly not by buying them online. The only way for me to find one in particular is gonna be online. Now I know, I hate my laptop

I don't like when you grab them and they sound squeaky and when you can here the fan, it drives me crazy hearing that white noise constantly. I don't know if it's just this one (I don't have much experience on buying or using laptops).

Is there a thin, fanless, solid laptop under 1000?

MacBook air M1 temps me, but I can't afford the complications with software. And I will miss a Linux.

Thanks!

I mean it's a budget laptop it will be plasticy but it's not supposed to make those noises when being picked up normally unless you really grip it.

As for a good fanless laptop under 1000? No none really that are actually good and premium. Basically you have to live with the fan noise if you want a premium chassis under 1000.

4 hours ago, vicluber said:

I bought an Asus um425I... And the things I find more annoying in a laptop you can't spot them without using them for a while, certainly not by buying them online. The only way for me to find one in particular is gonna be online. Now I know, I hate my laptop

I don't like when you grab them and they sound squeaky and when you can here the fan, it drives me crazy hearing that white noise constantly. I don't know if it's just this one (I don't have much experience on buying or using laptops).

Is there a thin, fanless, solid laptop under 1000?

MacBook air M1 temps me, but I can't afford the complications with software. And I will miss a Linux.

Thanks!

You can always run parallels on the M1 for software comparability 

Which Software do you need?

You'd be surprised what already runs on M1, even with Rosetta or Parallels.

M1 MB Air is the only Fanless Notebook you should consider at all - ignoring Chromebooks.

There are fanless windows laptops, even cheaper than the MB Air. But they will have like a 4w Intel N5000 CPU, so the performance will be quite... challenging.

These won't be compareable in any way shape or form with the Macbook.

Edit: Wait i lied. Huawei has some X-series laptop model, that was fanless. But these cost more than the Macbook Air, and wont even have half the performance, because Intel Chips even with a Fan will throttle more than the M1 without a Fan.

My advice: If all your software runs on M1 Macbooks, get the M1 Air. You won't look back, i promise.

Thanks folks! At home I can get a Macbook Air M1 2020 for 850 so cheaper than XPS 13 or Microsoft Surface 4 or practically every other similar well constructed laptop I've compared to it. So maybe is time for me to give Macbooks a chance, Apple has come to its senses.