Hard crash into bios, help? Gigabyte Z390 Designare + 9900K + 2800MT RAM

Hi, I have a problem, that has popped up, in last couple of months, From time to time I have hard-crashes, not even doing anything intensive, just office work. 3-4 chrome windows each around 5 tabs, Word, Excel, maybe photoshop in background. I have 9900K with 32GB 2800MT RAM. Temps are ok, I am running 9900K @4.9 with dark rock 4.

The crash sometimes is just a blue screen, sometimes some random AV glitch, and after the crash it goes to BIOS and displays, that it can’t boot, and should revert some settings (don’t remember, but had that happen today) and shows RAM speed. I Just revert everything back to what it was and its ok for like 4 weeks.

Also, I don’t really shut down my PC, as I’m too lazy to deal with setting up everything in the morning.

Sounds like unstable Memory or a dying drive. Whats your storage config like? And are all the DIMM's accounted for in BIOS? I'd try resetting BIOS back to Defaults. (Whether you want to use the CMOS battery or the BIOS itself is up to you) Memtest86 might be worth considering, if you have a spare thumb drive around and a PC to create a bootable USB 

Make sure your OS drive appears in BIOS, could also check in Boot Menu

I have Samsung 970evo for windows and 970 plus for hackintosh. Everything shows up in the BIO. I have not done anything there for like a year, since I Upgraded hackintosh drive to an ssd.

18 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

Sounds like unstable Memory or a dying drive. Whats your storage config like? And are all the DIMM's accounted for in BIOS? I'd try resetting BIOS back to Defaults. (Whether you want to use the CMOS battery or the BIOS itself is up to you) Memtest86 might be worth considering, if you have a spare thumb drive around and a PC to create a bootable USB 

And I can boot in windows. And its not cracked version, I am a good boi. 😄

I don’t want to admit, but it might be the memory, as I did cheap out on it, in order to make room for the 9900K when I built the PC.

500Gb 970 evo for windows, 6TB HDD for mass storage for windows.

500Gb 970 plus for hackintosh 2TB mass storage for hackintosh.

4x 8GB sticks of cheapest name brand RAM (g-skill maybe, if need be, I could open the case and look)

What is Memtest86?

3 minutes ago, EriksJaunzems said:

What is Memtest86?

Memtest86 is a program you can turn into a Bootable USB and it'll start stressing and testing your memory. If it encounters errors it will report them. 

On 11/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, iCypticx said:

Memtest86 is a program you can turn into a Bootable USB and it'll start stressing and testing your memory. If it encounters errors it will report them. 

Hi, I did the test yesterday, in all 4 passes it did not find any errors. Might be windows being windows. 😄

5 hours ago, EriksJaunzems said:

Hi, I did the test yesterday, in all 4 passes it did not find any errors. Might be windows being windows. 😄

Fresh installation time! Best of luck.