Stuttering Peripherals

Go to solution Solved by Lobby,

Using LatencyMon I've found the issue causing all the latency.

The question is what do i do with this information? If I'm correct .sys is a system file meaning it's apart of my OS so deleting them wouldn't be smart. 

No you wouldn't delete them, you would need to find a different version of the driver and try that instead or disable some functions.

The three top drivers look like the ones which are causing the high DPC Latency (their execution time is much larger than the others). tcpip.sys is a driver for the IP and TCP protocols. ndis.sys is your drivers for your network and wifi cards. ACPI.sys is a driver which controls power settings on laptops.

Because this has only recently started happening, I suggest reverting any driver updates which you did before this stuttering was happening.

If that doesn't fix it then try running with ethernet and disabling your wireless adapter (if your are using wireless). If this fixes the problem then try different drivers for your wireless adapter.

After that, you could also try set the power options, in the control panel, to high performance and disable any power saving options which your laptop has. 

EDIT: Also forgot to add that if you are current using ethernet then also try different drivers for your ethernet controller.

Hello everyone.

Recently (within the last week) i have had stuttering and lagging audio when watching YouTube videos.

The problem occurs when I load a new tab on chrome. But i have found out that when playing music through WMP the stuttering still occurs while a new tab load. I then realized that if I move my mouse around while the stuttering occurs the cursor also stutters and lags.

The problem is not my headset as i have swapped to a different one within the last week after i noticed the problem occurring. I haven't noticed any lag on my screen as it only occurs for split seconds. sometime it get so bad all i can hear is static like stuttering audio for up to approximately 3 seconds.

I am using USB 2.0 ports for my headset and mouse and I'm using a K53sv ASUS Laptop without an extra keyboard. I'm not sure if its a problem with my USB ports as i only have 2 USB 2.0 and one 3.0 but they all have the stuttering occurring. I've had the laptop for almost 2 years now could it be something to do with my HDD or my CPU / GPU or even RAM?

I have tried rolling back my nvidia drivers, updating and rolling back my Realteck HD audio drivers and restoring a previous version of my registry that  CCleaner generated before any of the issues occurred but none have worked.

I attached a .pdf with my system info.

Belarc Advisor Computer Profile.pdf

Is the laptop in power saving mode? Also switchable graphics may help fix some stuttering issues.

Quote me to get a reply!

Hello everyone.

Recently (within the last week) i have had stuttering and lagging audio when watching YouTube videos.

The problem occurs when I load a new tab on chrome. But i have found out that when playing music through WMP the stuttering still occurs while a new tab load. I then realized that if I move my mouse around while the stuttering occurs the cursor also stutters and lags.

The problem is not my headset as i have swapped to a different one within the last week after i noticed the problem occurring. I haven't noticed any lag on my screen as it only occurs for split seconds. sometime it get so bad all i can hear is static like stuttering audio for up to approximately 3 seconds.

I am using USB 2.0 ports for my headset and mouse and I'm using a K53sv ASUS Laptop without an extra keyboard. I'm not sure if its a problem with my USB ports as i only have 2 USB 2.0 and one 3.0 but they all have the stuttering occurring. I've had the laptop for almost 2 years now could it be something to do with my HDD or my CPU / GPU or even RAM?

Wherever u plug ur laptop...i mean the power source...does it have proper earthing...??

It maybe a case of overheating or overheating damage. Have you installed a temperature app to monitor your laptop's core heat?

It is youtubes fault, it stutters for me and my friends too.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

It is youtubes fault, it stutters for me and my friends too.

its not just YouTube that stutters its my whole computer, it's just more easily recognizable because of the audio, and moving video. Watching or listening to a video in vlc or wmp also stutters

Is the laptop in power saving mode? Also switchable graphics may help fix some stuttering issues.

no it is in high performance what do you mean by switchable graphics

Wherever u plug ur laptop...i mean the power source...does it have proper earthing...??

if the laptop is un-pluged running just off battery the stuttering still occurs and i just tried other power outlets and its still there. I even tried just direct ac without the battery attached

It maybe a case of overheating or overheating damage. Have you installed a temperature app to monitor your laptop's core heat?

I know my laptop gets very hot, the fan exhaust split my wooden desk putting a crack right through it because the wood was so hot! could you recommend a free program?

its not just YouTube that stutters its my whole computer, it's just more easily recognizable because of the audio, and moving video. Watching or listening to a video in vlc or wmp also stutters

no it is in high performance what do you mean by switchable graphics

if the laptop is un-pluged running just off battery the stuttering still occurs and i just tried other power outlets and its still there. I even tried just direct ac without the battery attached

I know my laptop gets very hot, the fan exhaust split my wooden desk putting a crack right through it because the wood was so hot! could you recommend a free program?

DAM! Try out HWMonitor, it monitors the temp of everything in your system. 

Since your laptop gets so hot maybe invest in a cooling pad. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The problem could be caused by a high DPC latency. This can be easily tested by downloading the DPC latency checker (here: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml ) and running it whilst watching a youtube video (or anything else that causes the stuttering). The maximum latency shouldn't go higher than 1000µs, ideally it will be much lower than that, so if you are getting a latency of much higher than that then DPC latency is the cause.

I know my laptop gets very hot the fan exhaust split my wood desk putting a crack right through it because the wood was so hot! could you recommend a free program?

I use Hardware Monitor which is a good monitoring program, but there are lots of other good ones such as Real Temp.

Undervolt that CPU to lose some heat.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I have a bad feeling you got some broken solder joints on a few chips due to the heat :/ If there is an electronic shop near you they might a reflow oven of some sort you can ask to strip the laptop and reflow mobo and see if that helps.

Ok so i downloaded and ran DPC latency checker and these were my results

http://tinypic.com/r/2ic3xu1/8

and i used Real Temp GT 3.70 my max temp was 82°C and min was 47°C

Yeah, that DPC Latency looks pretty bad. This is mostly likely caused by a driver causing issues. Using LatencyMon (download from http://www.resplendence.com/downloads listed as LatencyMon 6.00) you can find out which driver is causing it. So download, install and open LatencyMon. Then press the green arrow in the top left-hand corner to start it. Then in the option bar below the green arrow click on Drivers. By default the driver at the top of the list is the one which is causing the most DPC Latency. 

Also, those temps are pretty normal for laptops.

And just so you know what the DPC Latency should look like, this is the DPC latency from my computer whilst watching a YT video:

TKIeGhP.png

The question is what do i do with this information? If I'm correct .sys is a system file meaning it's apart of my OS so deleting them wouldn't be smart. 

24zk7x1.png

No you wouldn't delete them, you would need to find a different version of the driver and try that instead or disable some functions.

The three top drivers look like the ones which are causing the high DPC Latency (their execution time is much larger than the others). tcpip.sys is a driver for the IP and TCP protocols. ndis.sys is your drivers for your network and wifi cards. ACPI.sys is a driver which controls power settings on laptops.

Because this has only recently started happening, I suggest reverting any driver updates which you did before this stuttering was happening.

If that doesn't fix it then try running with ethernet and disabling your wireless adapter (if your are using wireless). If this fixes the problem then try different drivers for your wireless adapter.

After that, you could also try set the power options, in the control panel, to high performance and disable any power saving options which your laptop has. 

EDIT: Also forgot to add that if you are current using ethernet then also try different drivers for your ethernet controller.

WOW its all fixed thanks so much everyone this really helped i believe the problem was some intel software i had installed a while back that managed my wifi connections. i also rolled back the drivers on all my network devices and now there is no stuttering and low latency with the ndis.sys file not even breaking 1.0 in highest execution.

Thanks everyone for all your help I really am so thankful that it wasn't a failing cpu or heating damage!!