CPU1 / CPU2 both 8 Pin connectors on Mainboard

Dagru
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

The PSU has 2 8pin EPS cables. One is a solid 8 pin and the other is a 4+4 pin. Dual 8 pin EPS connectors aren't particularly rare and have been around for a while, nothing new. Normally only one is needed and the second is used for extra power/stability for overclocking or if there's a particularly high power SKU available for the socket. 

The ones labelled P8/P4 are for the EPS/CPU power connectors, under the PCIe 1 and PCIe 2 connectors. 

ImageServer.php?ID=fde4ba40144@be-quiet.

Hello dear community, 

I have a for me very confusing problem, I build several pcs in the past, but never encountered this. Maybe because I havent build one for at least 6-7 years, seems like I forgot a lot :D

I have bought an I5 12600kf and MSIs Pro Z690-A Wifi DDR4. Power comes from an Be Quiet straight power 11 with 850 watts. 

Now to the problem. 

The mainboard does not have one 8 pin for CPU Power, nor one 8 pin CPU1 and 4 Pin CPU2, but 2 8 Pin CPU1 and CPU2. 

I have never seen that? Is that new because of the 1700s?

The power supply also only seem to have one MB slot and only one cable labeled CPU. 

Is the CPU2 necessary or is it only for heavy overclocking and I can simply ignore it? 

By the way, dos someone know where to plug in the CPU pwr chords? 

20211128_173254.jpg

20211128_173214.jpg

The PSU has 2 8pin EPS cables. One is a solid 8 pin and the other is a 4+4 pin. Dual 8 pin EPS connectors aren't particularly rare and have been around for a while, nothing new. Normally only one is needed and the second is used for extra power/stability for overclocking or if there's a particularly high power SKU available for the socket. 

The ones labelled P8/P4 are for the EPS/CPU power connectors, under the PCIe 1 and PCIe 2 connectors. 

ImageServer.php?ID=fde4ba40144@be-quiet.

8 minutes ago, Dagru said:

Is the CPU2 necessary or is it only for heavy overclocking and I can simply ignore it? 

Yes., it's for heavy overclocking and you can ignore it.

Thank you guys, the little one is up and running with the CPU_pwr1 only. 

Haven't stresstested him, but he starts 🙂