Need help configuring my PC airflow

FriendlyVNUser

Sorry for my English beforehand, I'm still trying my best to master it.

So recently bought an old GPU for my rig, a GALAX GTX 970 duo fan with an incredibly small form factor. 
The problem starts with the temperature of my card being 37°C, 5 min later it rises up to 50°C even in idle and stays there until full load it reaches 80°C and starts throttling. 
I tried everything I can diagnose, I replace my GPU thermal paste, change the fan direction, but nothing works, even making the situation worse.
And then I the GPU to my friend setup (he has a full ATX case with very decent airflow( 2 intake front,2 exhaust top and 1 exhaust the back ) and wola ... my GPU full load at 70°C only.
The thing is I cannot copy his setup, because my AIO is in the way, and ... the GPU always pushing hot air to the case (direction in the pic) that I have to make both fans in the front panel become exhaust to pull out the hot air.
So here is my question, Should I copy my friend's airflow set up and forget about the hot in that place, or I make the opposite configuration? 3 intake at the top and the back, 2 exhaust in the front?

Can you guys recommend any solution to mine setup?

PXL_20211128_121829301.jpg

If I am reading your picture correctly, you have all your fans as exhaust? Your front should be intake, not exhaust ideally. Flip those front fans around. Also, what case is that? This could be a major source of issue if your fans can't pull enough fresh air into the case to feed the GPU, its only going to keep getting recycled hot air. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

43 minutes ago, FriendlyVNUser said:

that I have to make both fans in the front panel become exhaust to pull out the hot air

Thats exactly the opposite of what you want, youre having a negative pressure system. Switch your front panel back to Intake.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

actually i would do opposite of what the above people are saying. instead of reversing the AIO fan to bring hot air into the case I would leave the front fans, just switch the rear fan so that it alone is intake bringing in fresh air. that should help

UPDATE

Tks for those feedbacks u guys.

After some tinkering with the air flow (without adding any new fans just because im pretty broke at the moment), i have decided to put one of the fan right next to the gpu. Stupid... but effective. The card is now under 75 and rarely throttling.

So is this a sign that It is time to mod my gpu's fan to a high efficiency one like noctua? Or i just have to put more fans into my case? 

PXL_20211129_045906455.jpg

1 hour ago, FriendlyVNUser said:

After some tinkering with the air flow (without adding any new fans just because im pretty broke at the moment), i have decided to put one of the fan right next to the gpu. Stupid... but effective. The card is now under 75 and rarely throttling.

So is this a sign that It is time to mod my gpu's fan to a high efficiency one like noctua? Or i just have to put more fans into my case? 

Swapping graphics card fans may help a bit but cooling is mostly limited by the graphics card heatsink. Have you tried using front intake and rear exhaust yet?

Also, flip the rad so that the tubing is at the bottom so that air bubbles aren't reintroduced into the loop for lower noise and possibly better cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Do you know the model of the case?

Yes deshrouding the gpu and using some case fans work very well. I have done this multiple times with excellent results every time. 

Here's a pic of a 1070 mini with 2x 120mm fans strapped to it.

You also don't need to buy such high end fans. Just get some arctic p series fans. 120 or smaller whatever size you want will be fine.

20210306_181043.jpg

20210306_181047.jpg

20210306_181054.jpg

20210306_180928.jpg