Moving from a PS4 to PC build suggestions?

xxxHolic_Waltz

Heyo peeps, long time fan, first time poster. I've literally built maaaybe 2 PCs from hand me down parts (Build specs are in my profile for the curious, it's kinda a potato though) so I'm looking to get some ideas on a getting a good build going.

Budget (including currency): Around $4,000 US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Mainly gaming. I'm coming from a PS4 Pro w/an HDR TV and that's pretty nice so I'd like to maintain that level of performance at worst but it seems like 1440p gaming is the way to go unless I really want to break the bank. ATM I do have a decent 1440p gaming monitor (Dell S3220DGF) as well. Games vary from Final Fantasy XIV, Monster Hunter World/Iceborne, and other random shooters like Battlefield and such. I'd also like to start dipping my toes into some video editing as well but I'm not sure how feasible that would be with a gaming build.

Other details I only really have a case (Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case) that I got on the cheap and a PSU (Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular) My GF currently has a Ryzen 9 3900x w/a 3070ti. I want to make something a bit better to future proof it a smidge as well as it will be my first real PC build since literally playing Oblivion waaaay back when. All that said and done, I understand that GPU's atm are pretty marked up so I'm not really considering their price into the equation since it will be unlikely I'll get one together anytime soon.

I've been looking at motherboards and it all seems slightly overwhelming because I'm not entirely sure what I should care more about over something else. So any suggestions would be fantastic.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dHFYy4

Lol just reused a pcpp from another thread 

12700k, quite abit better than a 5900x and blows a 3900x out of the water thats for sure, i do suggest undervolting/overclocking p cores and overclocking e cores

On 1.2v ~4.8ghz should be attainable for most, on ~1.35v you can attain ~5.1-5.2 ghz on the p cores.  E cores wise just clock em as high as possible so they arent useless, pref over 4ghz, cram as much voltage to acheive the highest freq though stay under 1.5v cause idk what the real safe volt is

32gb 4000mhz cl18 rams, if you dont wanna bother overclocking then just set xmp, if you want a simple oc just set xmp but raise volt to ~1.5v and start lowering timings or maybe even raising freq, maybe youll get 4000 cl16 15 or even 14 but cl14 is prob only if you have samsung b die rams. Just watch an oc tutorial for more info than i could ever provide

No aio as i dont really expect any sort of heavy overclocking that warrants a beefy aio

The p120 bionix fans are there if you want rgb on it, if you dont then save ~50$ and get 2 p12s to pair with the preinstalled fans on the case

1000w psu cause futureproof and pretty cheap

Edit: Whoops forgot you have a bloody case and psu already, just ignore the case and psu on the list alr xD  and since its a lianli case i assume youll want rgbs so just buy more of those p120 bionix argbs depending on how many you want

30 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dHFYy4

Lol just reused a pcpp from another thread 

12700k, quite abit better than a 5900x and blows a 3900x out of the water thats for sure, i do suggest undervolting/overclocking p cores and overclocking e cores

On 1.2v ~4.8ghz should be attainable for most, on ~1.35v you can attain ~5.1-5.2 ghz on the p cores.  E cores wise just clock em as high as possible so they arent useless, pref over 4ghz, cram as much voltage to acheive the highest freq though stay under 1.5v cause idk what the real safe volt is

32gb 4000mhz cl18 rams, if you dont wanna bother overclocking then just set xmp, if you want a simple oc just set xmp but raise volt to ~1.5v and start lowering timings or maybe even raising freq, maybe youll get 4000 cl16 15 or even 14 but cl14 is prob only if you have samsung b die rams. Just watch an oc tutorial for more info than i could ever provide

No aio as i dont really expect any sort of heavy overclocking that warrants a beefy aio

The p120 bionix fans are there if you want rgb on it, if you dont then save ~50$ and get 2 p12s to pair with the preinstalled fans on the case

1000w psu cause futureproof and pretty cheap

Edit: Whoops forgot you have a bloody case and psu already, just ignore the case and psu on the list alr xD  and since its a lianli case i assume youll want rgbs so just buy more of those p120 bionix argbs depending on how many you want

I'm gonna be honest. I had to reread that a few times but surprisingly I understood most of it haha. I was looking to keep stuff AMD (which I def should have stated in my original post due to possibly swapping parts with my GF down the line as either one of us upgraded) That said, you have made me look deeper into some Intel stuff and now I'm considering that route so thanks for the input. 😀