3 monitors breaks GPU drivers

Nathan5660

So had some scary issues with my brand new RTX 3070 today. I shutdown lastnight when I went to bed, and when I turned thed pc on this morning Everything on screen was flickering, the mouse wasnt working properly. It was almost the same as having the wrong drivers installed, except they were correct. 

During my troubleshooting process I unplugged all but on of my three monitors, INSTANTLY fixed the issue. Plugged the second back in and shut down, the turned the pc back on. Everythings fine, which points to the third monitor being the issue. 

Could it be the HDMI to VGA adapter I use with it? I literally just use it as a glorified clock TBH with Windows 10 wigets from the Microsoft store, so its not THAT important in the grand scheme of things. 

Could that be what the issue was? The issues only started when GPU drivers were installed on the System. Without drivers it was fine, the femto second I installed them is where the issues began. 

Im not going to plug the other monitor back in, cos I know its going to break everything again. Why would a display adapter cause these issues though? Never had any issues with it before at all. Is it something to do with new GPUs or something perhaps?

I had it happen on my 4870 or 970 (Don't remember) good few years ago and I was using a DVI to HDMI adapter for my primary monitor, weirdly enough the problem went away on its own, I did change out the drivers, but just throwing this out there if it helps debugging on your end.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

10 minutes ago, Sharif said:

I had it happen on my 4870 or 970 (Don't remember) good few years ago and I was using a DVI to HDMI adapter for my primary monitor, weirdly enough the problem went away on its own, I did change out the drivers, but just throwing this out there if it helps debugging on your end.

Ive dicked about with so many drivers now i think legally i qualify as a software engineer XD

I've only had a similar issue when trying to apply DOCP settings on RAM which was fixed by reverting settings/updating motherboard firmware once they released a new version.

Maybe check to see if your motherboard has a firmware update with stability fixes.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

On 11/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, Nathan5660 said:

Ive dicked about with so many drivers now i think legally i qualify as a software engineer XD

I just remembered, the 3rd display was a vga one (TV, annoying scaling issues using HDMI, didn't have the settings to turn it off) , used a dvi to vga adapter for that one (The dvi with the analog signals still present) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||