First build, this not so tech savvy individual needs some help!

Jonolotte

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: casual gaming, normal work, possibly blender and editing.

Other details: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ykQVrr

Been researching PC parts for my first ever rig the last few days and these are the parts I've decided on. I'm just not 100% sure whether I'm in the clear or I'm missing a fatal error in my selection of components, and would really like to be safe in my decision.
Any help with pointing out my errors or cluing me up with some new information would be much much appreciated!
Cheers! 🙂

according to your list the cpu might not be supported natively on that board

youve also picked a way overpriced board considering the cpu thats actually going in it. and youve selected an extra cpu cooler despite the cpu already coming with one

Overall it's a good start. That said, there are a few things I'd change.

1.) Motherboard. There's nothing in this system that requires you to use X570, so you might as well save $100 and go for the B550 version of that board.

2.) Get a different kit of RAM, that one is known to have issues with Ryzen. 

3.) Get an SN750 for $30 less. It's a similarly performing drive, so might as well save some money.

4.) Ditch the Windows 10 license and get one from a key reseller on somewhere like eBay for 10% the cost.

5.) Consider going Alder Lake. There are reasons to go AMD instead, but you can probably fit an Alder Lake system into this price range.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VzJVrr

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nk2Rj2

The first link is the revised AMD list, the second one is the revised Alder lake list. The Alder lake system is faster by a good margin, but does draw a lot more power under load.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Adorama) much faster for productivity.
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T50 AXE ARGB 71.32 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Neo Forza FAYE 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4400 CL19 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) comes with 3 RGB fans.
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) comes in handy for future upgrades.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Logitech G413 Silver Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Mouse: Logitech G203 Lightsync Wired Optical Mouse  ($19.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1443.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-20 21:00 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

38 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Overall it's a good start. That said, there are a few things I'd change.

1.) Motherboard. There's nothing in this system that requires you to use X570, so you might as well save $100 and go for the B550 version of that board.

2.) Get a different kit of RAM, that one is known to have issues with Ryzen. 

3.) Get an SN750 for $30 less. It's a similarly performing drive, so might as well save some money.

4.) Ditch the Windows 10 license and get one from a key reseller on somewhere like eBay for 10% the cost.

5.) Consider going Alder Lake. There are reasons to go AMD instead, but you can probably fit an Alder Lake system into this price range.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VzJVrr

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nk2Rj2

The first link is the revised AMD list, the second one is the revised Alder lake list. The Alder lake system is faster by a good margin, but does draw a lot more power under load.

Probably should have mentioned I already bought the CPU and GPU after the first day because I was scared they would go out of stock and I thought I was very sure on them... But oh well ;(
1. So is there any reason to get X570 over B550? Or is it just a waste of money? Because I had the impression it was more future proofed though I'm really not sure.
2. I generally thought that all RAM we're virtually identical to each other if they had the same specs, why doesn't that one work well with Ryzen in particular, or is it just that the build quality isn't exactly up to par when combo'd with a Ryzen CPU?
3. You say similarly performing drive, yet they have the save specs as far as I can see, does that mean there exists more variables when it comes to the performance of a component?
4. Will do thanks!
5. Well... yeah...

Thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, emosun said:

youve also picked a way overpriced board considering the cpu thats actually going in it. and youve selected an extra cpu cooler despite the cpu already coming with one

I had the impression stock coolers weren't exactly that great, will it still be fine even when it is 25C/77F room temperature? And how loud is the sound of the stock cooler? Because that was also one of my reasons of wanting to go with this cooler.

Appreciate the replies greatly!

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Adorama) much faster for productivity.
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T50 AXE ARGB 71.32 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Neo Forza FAYE 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4400 CL19 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) comes with 3 RGB fans.
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) comes in handy for future upgrades.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Logitech G413 Silver Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Mouse: Logitech G203 Lightsync Wired Optical Mouse  ($19.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1443.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-20 21:00 EST-0500

"comes in handy for future upgrades." What do you mean exactly when you say it is handy for future upgrades? Do you mean the extra wattage? Do power supplies last particularly long for that to be a consideration?

5 minutes ago, Jonolotte said:

"comes in handy for future upgrades." What do you mean exactly when you say it is handy for future upgrades? Do you mean the extra wattage? Do power supplies last particularly long for that to be a consideration?

you'll need the extra wattage for a 3080, and that PSU is good enough to last quite a few years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

21 minutes ago, Jonolotte said:

I had the impression stock coolers weren't exactly that great, will it still be fine even when it is 25C/77F room temperature? And how loud is the sound of the stock cooler? Because that was also one of my reasons of wanting to go with this cooler.

Appreciate the replies greatly!

Your purposed build has 10 fans in it so I wouldnt be concerned with quietness as the machine isnt designed for that currently. 

56 minutes ago, Jonolotte said:

So is there any reason to get X570 over B550? Or is it just a waste of money? Because I had the impression it was more future proofed though I'm really not sure.

It has more Gen 4 PCIe support, but for most people, it's completely unnecessary. Also "future proof" motherboards are not a thing, and in 5 years, B550 and X570 boards will still be about the same feature set.

59 minutes ago, Jonolotte said:

I generally thought that all RAM we're virtually identical to each other if they had the same specs, why doesn't that one work well with Ryzen in particular, or is it just that the build quality isn't exactly up to par when combo'd with a Ryzen CPU?

It's more those sticks in particular aren't binned very well, and while for the most part you're correct, those are known for not having their XMP profiles work on Ryzen. 

1 hour ago, Jonolotte said:

You say similarly performing drive, yet they have the save specs as far as I can see, does that mean there exists more variables when it comes to the performance of a component?

There are 3 major variables when it comes to an SSD, the NAND, the controller, and the DRAM cache. If you change any one of those, it's a whole other drive. The SN750 and 970 Evo Plus are all of the same tier of performance as each other, so performance is about equal to each other, with them trading blows depending on the scenario.