Backlight bleed

Z00ts
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
50 minutes ago, Z00ts said:

Hello all purchased a new ASUS g15 zephyrs and have a particularly bright area in the top right side as marked in the picture. It is noticeable with a dark screen with brightness turned down In your experience is this enough to risk a re roll and try for a new display. Thanks! 

DA124158-5BD9-4E7D-B12C-89F43539EBFF.jpeg

Looks like it’s an issue with assembly pressure. This would depend on how it is being assembled.  I don’t know if it would get better or not.  When you say Re roll I take it this is mail order?

Hello all purchased a new ASUS g15 zephyrs and have a particularly bright area in the top right side as marked in the picture. It is noticeable with a dark screen with brightness turned down In your experience is this enough to risk a re roll and try for a new display. Thanks! 

50 minutes ago, Z00ts said:

Looks like it’s an issue with assembly pressure. This would depend on how it is being assembled.  I don’t know if it would get better or not.  When you say Re roll I take it this is mail order?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the reply! By re roll I mean exchanging for a new model

1 minute ago, Z00ts said:

Thanks for the reply! By re roll I mean exchanging for a new model

The way I personally prefer to do monitor purchases if possible is try-before-you-buy in a brick and mortar store because of stuff just like this.  Monitors are on the edge of what assembly accuracy can do and some are going to turn out better than others.  I like if possible to run the monitor in the store on a flat 50% grey like you’ve got it so I can inspect it and look for problems.  Not always possible though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The way I personally prefer to do monitor purchases if possible is try-before-you-buy in a brick and mortar store because of stuff just like this.  Monitors are on the edge of what assembly accuracy can do and some are going to turn out better than others.  I like if possible to run the monitor in the store on a flat 50% grey like you’ve got it so I can inspect it and look for problems.  Not always possible though.

Thanks for the advise!