Cannot See RGB Hub in iCue Software

alanp1995
Go to solution Solved by Bad5ector,

You need to plug that RGB  hub into either a Commander Pro / Node Pro or whatever their RGB controller is called now. The RGB hub is just to basically split a lighting channel on one of the aforementioned products to multiple channels.

Those controllers are usually included with the 3 packs of the LL series. Not sure abou the HD.

I'm new to the world of RGB. I purchased 3x Corsair HD120 fans and an RGB HUB from Corsair.

I connected the 4-pin fan connectors to the motherboard headers (MSI B450M MORTAR MAX).

I connected the other fan connectors (smaller 4-pin) to the RGB HUB.

I connected the RGB Hubs sata connector to the PSU cable.

Now within iCue, I do not see the hub and cannot control the RGB, any ideas?

Thanks!

You need to plug that RGB  hub into either a Commander Pro / Node Pro or whatever their RGB controller is called now. The RGB hub is just to basically split a lighting channel on one of the aforementioned products to multiple channels.

Those controllers are usually included with the 3 packs of the LL series. Not sure abou the HD.

14 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Are there any cheaper alternatives to those mentioned products? Maybe something with both built into one? Would rather not have 2 hubs in the case, sure you understand.

5 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

Are there any cheaper alternatives to those mentioned products? Maybe something with both built into one? Would rather not have 2 hubs in the case, sure you understand.

If you want to go Corsair, I don't think so. If you're going RGB, welcome to the world of extra cables and controllers. I think the Lian Li Uni Fans might be cleaner in terms of hardware needed to drive as they are just standard ARGB fans afaik. 

46 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

Some corsair cases like x570 crystal (I own it) comes with buttons for rgb hub spilter the catch is that u got no software control 

10 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

Some corsair cases like x570 crystal (I own it) comes with buttons for rgb hub spilter the catch is that u got no software control 

its because they dont support rgb fans with there software

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its because they dont support rgb fans with there software

No connecting them to a commander pro from splitter gives you a couple of rgb options.. but not as much as newer fans

4 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

No connecting them to a commander pro from splitter gives you a couple of rgb options.. but not as much as newer fans

no the commander cant do rgb end of story...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no the commander cant do rgb end of story...

Dude I do have a commander and it work with sp rgb fans that came with my crystal x570 case . But way limited options 

4 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

Dude I do have a commander and it work with sp rgb fans that came with my crystal x570 case . But way limited options 

proof it.

16 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

proof it.

Sadly they are out of my build  now but I can take a photo with the fans and corsair pro in the same picture 

8 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

Sadly they are out of my build  now but I can take a photo with the fans and corsair pro in the same picture 

w/e man if you think so then i guess your right... but i no all about corsair stuff.

I have shit ton of corsair stuff . I was even going to get their ql fans with this upgrade.  However they have hot spots in the rgb like a cheap 5 $ fans and the cost 40 $ each