Planning my first from scratch build!

Disassociate

Budget (including currency):  £3000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  1440p 144/240hz Gaming, Basic video editing and photoshop, Streaming.

I'm planning my fastest built yet (for next year hopefully) and I want to do it from scratch. I'm not set on the motherboard, ram and CPU cooler and wanted some second opinions.

Something like the picture below.
Also, I actually wanted to use the MSI MPG Z690 carbon wifi but PC parts picker told me it wouldn't be compatible with the front type 1 A port. Can anyone confirm this?

custom pc.png

3 minutes ago, Disassociate said:

(for next year hopefully)

If you are planning build in next year, You are asking too early. There will be new motherboards for intel. AMD is supposed to be releasing new CPUs. DDR5 prices might change. So any advice now will be irrelevant by than. 

5 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

If you are planning build in next year, You are asking too early. There will be new motherboards for intel. AMD is supposed to be releasing new CPUs. DDR5 prices might change. So any advice now will be irrelevant by than. 

Thanks for the comment! I understand it's an awkward time to plan a build. I'm just so excited tbh. I've been obsessed about trying to build from scratch since a few weeks ago. The DDR5 isn't important as I imagine there will be some big steps forward by the end of next year anyway. And the 3080 is (at the moment) not in budget lol.

7 minutes ago, Disassociate said:

Thanks for the comment! I understand it's an awkward time to plan a build. I'm just so excited tbh. I've been obsessed about trying to build from scratch since a few weeks ago. The DDR5 isn't important as I imagine there will be some big steps forward by the end of next year anyway. And the 3080 is (at the moment) not in budget lol.

When you'll have some money apply for newegg shuffle(They have it in UK too as I remember) or keep an eye on local retailers, So you might be able to get GPU for near MSRP. 

2 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

When you'll have some money apply for newegg shuffle(They have it in UK too as I remember) or keep an eye on local retailers, So you might be able to get GPU for near MSRP. 

Thank you 🙂

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

There is little point in buying from Newegg for a UK customer. The delivery and customs charges will wipe out any potential savings. 

2 hours ago, Disassociate said:

Thank you 🙂

I would just stick to UK retailers. If you buy from Newegg then you have customs and delivery charges on top. It doesn't usually work out any cheaper.

21 hours ago, lee32uk said:

There is little point in buying from Newegg for a UK customer. The delivery and customs charges will wipe out any potential savings. 

I didn't know that.