Battlefield 2042 beta had too much stutter

GigabyteGeForce
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,

I have heard of some issues and it's uncertain if it server issues or some sort of software issue. I know I was watching a streamer while had fine fps but when the servers started to get overloaded their fps tanked. Also I think there was another streamer who had this issue after playing the game for a long time so they restarted it and the issue when away so they think it was a memory leak issue. Another person had to uninstall their video drivers and reinstall and that seemed to fix the issue. Honestly there are multiple reasons as to why you could be experiencing performance issues but I would say that while not everyone is experiencing them it is definitely not uncommon. 

Was this due to weak graphics card? Cancelled preorder cause of it. Do you think final version will be smoother?

Ryzen 2600

GTX 1660ti

16GB RAM

Well, the final version is out now.. runs fine for me. The beta also ran fine, however.

I have heard of some issues and it's uncertain if it server issues or some sort of software issue. I know I was watching a streamer while had fine fps but when the servers started to get overloaded their fps tanked. Also I think there was another streamer who had this issue after playing the game for a long time so they restarted it and the issue when away so they think it was a memory leak issue. Another person had to uninstall their video drivers and reinstall and that seemed to fix the issue. Honestly there are multiple reasons as to why you could be experiencing performance issues but I would say that while not everyone is experiencing them it is definitely not uncommon. 

21 hours ago, GigabyteGeForce said:

Was this due to weak graphics card? Cancelled preorder cause of it. Do you think final version will be smoother?

Ryzen 2600

GTX 1660ti

16GB RAM

The game isn't optimized well. I played the beta and it ran poorly, thought they figured it out. Got the game and it still ran poorly so I refunded it. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

It's true that the game isn't optimized well. I'm on an i7 4770K + 1080 Ti. I play games at 1440p with my PC, but for BF2042, I dropped my resolution to 1080p with all graphical settings as low as they could go, and I still get drops down to as low as 40 FPS. Granted, my CPU is 7 years old, and I think I would benefit greatly in newer games like BF2042 if I had a newer one. Regardless of that though, optimization is still a definite issue.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, GigabyteGeForce said:

On 11/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly there are multiple reasons as to why you could be experiencing performance issues but I would say that while not everyone is experiencing them it is definitely not uncommon. 

On 11/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

The game isn't optimized well. I played the beta and it ran poorly, thought they figured it out. Got the game and it still ran poorly so I refunded it. 

On 11/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, PackYourBaggins said:

It's true that the game isn't optimized well. I'm on an i7 4770K + 1080 Ti. I play games at 1440p with my PC, but for BF2042, I dropped my resolution to 1080p with all graphical settings as low as they could go, and I still get drops down to as low as 40 FPS. Granted, my CPU is 7 years old, and I think I would benefit greatly in newer games like BF2042 if I had a newer one. Regardless of that though, optimization is still a definite issue.

Hi thread, I think this will help you all understand the issue a bit better. While in-game hit the tilde key (beside the one key) then type "perfOverlay.DrawFps 1" no quotes. And an fps/frametime counter will appear in the top right. One row will say gpu and one row will say cpu. This allows you to tell if your bottleneck is gpu or cpu.

From my understanding of the problem most people have a cpu bottleneck because the game is heavy on cpus especially if your cpu is a quad core or an older six core. I don't blame the devs for this, they have optimized for current gen consoles which essentially have an 8c16t Ryzen 3700X cpu. If you want better fps try playing small maps with less players than 128 or consider an upgrade to a Ryzen 5800X or other 8c16t