75hz or 95hz 1440p monitor for RTX 30 series

Dandohyung1214

Hello! I'm very new to this whole pc building thing and I've been planning for my monitor setup for my pc. I'm planning on getting maybe a 3060ti or a 3070 for my pc build but I'm having a hard time choosing which 1440p monitor is ideal for my build. I'm on a budget so 75hz 5ms 1440p monitor/95hz 1ms 1440p monitor is what i cna only afford. But if thos refresh rates are not enough I'm open to suggestions.

More refresh rate is always better all else being equal, but it's ultimately what would be good enough for you.  I, myself, have a 3070 and game at 1440p and pretty often hit well above 100fps (sometimes 200fps) unless raytracing gets involved.  You might be leaving some performance on the table if you're only going with 75 or 95hz paired with a 3070, but it'll still be a much nicer experience than 60.  If you can find a good deal and it fits in your budget, I'd recommend at least 120hz.  Otherwise, you'll likely be perfectly happy with 95.

1 minute ago, BUG.exe said:

More refresh rate is always better, but it's ultimately what would be good enough for you.  I, myself, have a 3070 and game at 1440p and pretty often hit well above 100fps (sometimes 200fps) unless raytracing gets involved.  You might be leaving some performance on the table if you're only going with 75 or 95hz paired with a 3070, but it'll still be a much nicer experience than 60.  If you can find a good deal and it fits in your budget, I'd recommend at least 120hz.  Otherwise, you'll likely be perfectly happy with 95.

The 95hz monitor only cost around 210 us dollars, i actually found the cheapest 144 hz 1440p monitor i can find for 320 us dollars. Also i would like to mention that i am not into gaming. This pc build would likely be more focused on architectural programs, but maybe I'd get into gaming once i had the pc soon

Just now, Dandohyung1214 said:

The 95hz monitor only cost around 210 us dollars, i actually found the cheapest 144 hz 1440p monitor i can find for 320 us dollars. Also i would like to mention that i am not into gaming. This pc build would likely be more focused on architectural programs, but maybe I'd get into gaming once i had the pc soon

Someone else might be able to refute this, but if it's mostly for work/productivity, then refresh rate isn't really that big of a deal.  You *might* focus more on color and contrast, but unless you're doing color accurate work or content creation, even that might not necessarily be important.

If you are going for gaming. Pick the larger FPS, anything else. I would just go for the lower one because it is probably cheaper. Though I would upgrade to a 120hz or 144hz. I would also strongly looking at newegg for the 144hz. I have found some for around $240. I hope you find what your looking for!

11 minutes ago, BUG.exe said:

Someone else might be able to refute this, but if it's mostly for work/productivity, then refresh rate isn't really that big of a deal.  You *might* focus more on color and contrast, but unless you're doing color accurate work or content creation, even that might not necessarily be important.

That's right. I'm more focused on the resolution and the color accuracy when it comes to display. But i was just worried low refresh rate might affect how i watch videos that has very high frame count per second

3 minutes ago, ViruzMage said:

If you are going for gaming. Pick the larger FPS, anything else. I would just go for the lower one because it is probably cheaper. Though I would upgrade to a 120hz or 144hz. I would also strongly looking at newegg for the 144hz. I have found some for around $240. I hope you find what your looking for!

240$ for a 144hz 1440p monitor? Can i ask what's the product name?

3 minutes ago, ViruzMage said:

Give me like two minutes.

Suree no problem!! 

7 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/3D4-000W-00071?Item=9SIA6BMBA49687&Description=1440p 144hz Monitor&cm_re=1440p_144hz Monitor-_-9SIA6BMBA49687-_-Product

There are also deals atm so you can get a really nice one thats like $330 at the same price or lower.

Edited by ViruzMage

-> Moved to Displays, please use the correct category for your topics.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

11 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

Also, yeah its not exact price but there is one on there!

6 minutes ago, ViruzMage said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/3D4-000W-00071?Item=9SIA6BMBA49687&Description=1440p 144hz Monitor&cm_re=1440p_144hz Monitor-_-9SIA6BMBA49687-_-Product

There are also deals atm so you can get a really nice one thats like $330 at the same price or lower.

I'll look into this! Thank you! Actually i am not from the US and i can't actually purchase this directly from newegg so I'll have to find this one in our online shops here in my country

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

-> Moved to Displays, please use the correct category for your topics.

Oohh sorry my bad. Thanks for the tip!

10 minutes ago, ViruzMage said:

Unfortunately this brand isn't available in my country 😢

3 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

I'll look into this! Thank you! Actually i am not from the US and i can't actually purchase this directly from newegg so I'll have to find this one in our online shops here in my country

Ah, I thought you meant USD. What currency do you use? I might be able to assist you better.

1 minute ago, ViruzMage said:

Ah, I thought you meant USD. What currency do you use? I might be able to assist you better.

I'm from the Philippines and we use Philippine Peso

9 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

I'm from the Philippines and we use Philippine Peso

I've been there and I remember the options were much more limited and expensive than the US.  I think the only brands I saw when I was there were mostly the Taiwanese ones like Asus, MSI, and Acer and stuff like that.

8 minutes ago, BUG.exe said:

I've been there and I remember the options were much more limited and expensive than the US.  I think the only brands I saw when I was there were mostly the Taiwanese ones like Asus, MSI, and Acer and stuff like that.

That is true. The cheaper ones here are mostly VA panels too and it's mostly 1080p monitors. This monitor I've been looking at though is from a local brand with quite a reputation