Card failure after dust cleaning.

drakeyomama

Decided to de_dust my computer fans today, barely blew any compressed air into the gpu because it wasn’t that dirty but the other ones were pretty bad. I started up my pc but the hdmi wasn’t detecting. I inserted and reinserted the card just to be safe. Now the card is out of the pc and the screen is working. I don’t really know much about computer hardware I just assumed cleaning fan = good. Did I ruin my graphics card or could something else be wrong. It’s a Radeon 570. Thank you.

I don’t really know much about computer hardware I just assumed cleaning fan = good. Decided to de_dust all my computer fans today. I barely blew any compressed air into the gpu because it wasn’t that dirty, maybe like 3 seconds, but the other ones were pretty bad. I started up my pc but the hdmi wasn’t detecting. I inserted and reinserted the card just to be safe. Now the card is out of the pc and the screen is working. Did I ruin my graphics card or could something else be wrong. It’s a Radeon 570. Thank you.

My 2 posts got merged so sry for double post BUT i looked up online and people were saying it was okay to blow out the fans with compressed air so now i have no idea what's going on.

19 minutes ago, drakeyomama said:

My 2 posts got merged so sry for double post BUT i looked up online and people were saying it was okay to blow out the fans with compressed air so now i have no idea what's going on.

Sometimes if you use canned compressed air, the spot you blow it on gets really cold especially while shaking the can. Thus it could be condensation - if the PC boots fine without the card you could test yours in another PC. 

It could also be, that you blew dust into the pcie Slot? (Did you dust it while the card was removed?) 

Did something break whilst removing the card? 

Did you plug in the card properly? Both into the pcie slot and the power cable

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It wasn’t working before I removed the card. I cleaned it while it was attached. I have it plugged into the motherboard and the switch in the back clicked, and I tried both pcie cables. It was the last thing I cleaned so the can was cold but it was really for like 3 seconds it wasn’t dirty, that’s why I’m so confused. The fans start on start up but stop after a few seconds on the gpu, but I think I read that’s normal. I’ll try to go to geek squad today to see if they can test it because I don’t have another computer and my friends have laptops. Thanks guys.

8D48C825-C08F-426E-AEA3-12F6F5F67483.jpeg