Remove "Your current rank" from mobile sites menu

LogicalDrm

Screenshot_20211110-075146120.thumb.jpg.192d99a6d1d830eba2641c823f246523.jpg

I'm not playing some game where I need to constantly know my rank, or how long it will take to get next one. And since opening menu is the only way to see notifications on mobile, having this taking space isn't ideal.

I also don't like seeing the amount required to next rank in a place where point farming is overall discouraged.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yea i thought it was weird why there are ranks now, like what do they even mean?

Cause im supposedly a "proficient" but are you sure that determines my post quality over the last 3.84k posts ive made?

23 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Cause im supposedly a "proficient" but are you sure that determines my post quality over the last 3.84k posts ive made?

I think it only takes into account your post count. Though, I think checking the post count and reputation should be better, but again, that has its own flaws, cuz you can gain rep count by posting in off topic or just memes in your status updates.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

35 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I think it only takes into account your post count. Though, I think checking the post count and reputation should be better, but again, that has its own flaws, cuz you can gain rep count by posting in off topic or just memes in your status updates.

I thought posts in Off Topic don't count towards your total post count? Or has that changed. Either way, reputation earned in Off-Topic threads still count as far as I know... and at times it seems specific threads there are reputation farms from the amount of shitposting that goes on. 

But back on topic, I agree with removing the rank from the mobile version. Looks out of place and unnecessary. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

34 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

and at times it seems specific threads there are reputation farms from the amount of shitposting that goes on. 

And i thought sht posting in tech news was already a reputation farm considering that i from time to time just post a joke on there and suddenly theres 69 people that just react to it xD

It shouldn't be removed, but there should be a option to disable it.

Dream build:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-10600K | GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L| RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  16GB (2x8) CL18 3600MHz |

Intel 660P 512GB NVMe | Kingston A400 SSDNow 480GB 2.5" | WD "Caviar" Blue 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" | MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ | THERMALTAKE RGB H200 USB 3.0 |

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro

Monitors:

(1) LG 27'" 27Gl650F-B 144hz 1ms IPS G-Sync Pivot 3

(2) Acer Predator XB241YUbmiprz 23.8" 144Hz 1ms G-Sync

Headset:

Kingston HyperX HX-HSCSC2-BK-WW Cloud Stinger Core 

It's too late, I will use this thread to farm and you can't stop me /s

But yeah, mixed messages...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*